What's Your Opinion ?

If you sold a product and that product turned out to be bad right off, even tho it was good when you had or used it, how would you handle it? Would you say well it was good when I had it and that's the chance you take when buy used. Or would you give money back, or would you try in some way to make it right?

2. Member
    Its ok to respond it no one on here. Lol

3. Member
    I would try to make right is there any way they could have messed it up or did it go bad on its own

4. RIP -April 30,2023
    depends on the situation i guess. need more info

5. Member
    Depends on why it was suddenly bad vs good when you had it. If it was something the customer didn't do or had zero control over and there no way to make this product work, I'd give him a refund.
    Mr StrokerDee :thumb

6. Member
    I bought a lower unit from a guy. Unit lasted less than an hour before it failed. Now this is where we differ a bit. I thought he told me it came off a late model 250xs but he says he told me he was running it on a late model 250xs. He well could have so I'm not disputing that. Anyways after i finally got in contact with him agter the failure he
    told me the lower unit had been sitting up for a couple years. Took the case to JC's to have it repaired and he said it was not able to repair it cause it had a bad oil leak from the inside of the case. He took it to Lawrenceburg marine who called and told me the unit and gears was no good and the only good parts of the case was the prop shaft. Ended up buying a used case from them and having jc cone it. I dont think this giy purposely sold me a bad case but it definitely was bad. Not sure what to expect but if it had been me I would have at least offered half the money back if not all. Have not and not going to ask him for anything. I just feel if he was a stand up guy he would try to some kind of way make it right.

7. Member
    yea dude should return your money, i would if i sold a case to someone and it failed first time out!!

8. Member
    Wasn't even expecting him to offer the money back but as mentioned I was kinda thinking he would offer something. IMO just not good business.

9. Member
    Pretty sure you were purposely duped. Used gear cases are hit or miss unless you know the previous owner

10. Member
    Hate to think he did it purposely but Its possible. I will keep my eyes open if he attempts to sell other things on here. But he did say he was sorry. Lol

11. Member
    Lol, I'm sure he is!

12. Member
    I just sent him a message so I'll see how he responds. At first I wasn't expecting anything but after thinking about it, seems we should at least split the cost.

13. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    If some one was selling a late model sportmaster for 3500 and it was junk.....or if I bought it a year back never ran it and paid 1200 for a early model.....it depends a lot on the situation....

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998