1991 Cajun hull materials

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a 1991 cajun has wood stringers, wood transom or fiberglass? I have worn out google, youtube looking and I think the transom is the composite but im not sure. I have not found any info on what the stringers are made of. I have found a cajun for next to nothing that needs the decks redone, gel coat looks to be gone, 150hp force on the back that he "said" needs the carb rebuilt, he also told me there are no cracks or leaks int he hull just spiderwebs in the glass. Im wondering if its worth getting an restoring? It has been sitting uncovered for what id assume years.

Thanks

Mike

I can't confirm what year Cajun produced their "lifetime warranty" composite transom - I know it goes back to 1994, but not sure when it was first introduced. This transom is an aluminum honeycomb/fiberglass composite (no wood).
    But the stringers and decks are still wood.

The Force outboard is fairly simple, was marketed on a lot of entry level low priced boats, and some parts are interchangeable with Mercury. But not very well liked in the marketplace compared to a Merc, OMC, Yamaha, Suzuki, etc. - and may not be worth putting any money into.

You said "...for next to nothing". If you are looking for a project boat and a) all your materials are free, or b) money is no object, the decision is yours on whether to proceed with restoring it - but expect to spend at least a few grand on it if the stringers are shot.

As much as I love my Cajun, my honest advice would be pass on this rig. Neglected boats are money pits, and if you aren't looking for a project, you can quickly become frustrated with it. Even if you rebuild it to usable condition, it is still a boat from a discontinued manufacturer - so parts are near impossible to come by - which will affect it's resale.
    You'd be better off spending a couple grand more than whatever the Cajun is selling for, and getting a more solid hull and decent running motor.

Head over to the Cajun boat forum if you have more questions on this particular boat.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response, that all makes sense. I can get the boat for $350, boat, trailer, also said a trolling motor and 2 wheels. I figured on replacing the stringers, but I'm not wanting to put a couple grand in it. I don't mind the work, but what you have said makes a lot of sense.

4. Member
    Have you replaced stringers before?