Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Favorite Salmon recipes?

So in the effort to eat healthier and lose some weight, I have purchased a few salmon filets to cook tomorrow night for dinner. Problem is the last time I ate salmon was about 30 years ago. Even then if it wasn't smoked I didn't like it. My Dr. tells me I should eat fish a few times a week so I need some suggestions for recipes for baked salmon. So I'm all ears to your suggested recipes, whatcha got? Thanks, and Tight Lines!

2. Member
    I have never liked eating any fish at all but since i started eating "Clean" my taste buds have changed dramatically. With that said My son gave me some salmon fillets and I made them on my indoor grille. I pretty much just seasoned them heavily with Blackening seasoning. Grille them for about 10 mins and I love it!

3. Member
    Wash the fillet. Place in baggie, squirt in some Wishbone Italian, let sit in fridge over night. Fire up the Weber. Get two layers of foil about 2 inches larger than the fillet on each side, place fish skin side down on foil. Slice up good white sweet onion 1/4" rings, sprinkle on top. After placing on grill, preferably with hardwood added for smoke flavor, cover the top loosely with another single layer of foil. When the onions are soft, the fish is done. Before removing fish, drain (poke holes or tilt bottom foil) and pour thick King or Karo syrup on fish near edges, let it sear hot to carmelize. Remove and serve, the skin will stick to the foil.

Quote Originally Posted by billybas View Post
    I have never liked eating any fish at all but since i started eating "Clean" my taste buds have changed dramatically. With that said My son gave me some salmon fillets and I made them on my indoor grille. I pretty much just seasoned them heavily with Blackening seasoning. Grille them for about 10 mins and I love it!
    I have used blackened seasoning before on other fish and I really liked that so I believe I will have to try that on the salmon. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Wash the fillet. Place in baggie, squirt in some Wishbone Italian, let sit in fridge over night. Fire up the Weber. Get two layers of foil about 2 inches larger than the fillet on each side, place fish skin side down on foil. Slice up good white sweet onion 1/4" rings, sprinkle on top. After placing on grill, preferably with hardwood added for smoke flavor, cover the top loosely with another single layer of foil. When the onions are soft, the fish is done. Before removing fish, drain (poke holes or tilt bottom foil) and pour thick King or Karo syrup on fish near edges, let it sear hot to carmelize. Remove and serve, the skin will stick to the foil.
    This sounds delicious. I look forward to trying this recipe. Thanks for the feedback.

I just sprinkle on some dill and bake @ 425 until done

7. Member
    The cats in salmon are good omegas but salmon is very high in fat which equates to a high amount of calories. Steelhead trout is very similar but has a much higher amount of protein and much lower fat count. I would almost guarantee you won’t be able to tell a difference in taste

Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    The cats in salmon are good omegas but salmon is very high in fat which equates to a high amount of calories. Steelhead trout is very similar but has a much higher amount of protein and much lower fat count. I would almost guarantee you won’t be able to tell a difference in taste
    Having grown up on the shores of Lake Erie I used to eat Steelhead all the time, very delicious. Living in NC, I have no way of catching or obtaining Steelhead. Even Salmon I have to pick up in the grocery store. I figured if I could stomach to eat salmon once a week or once every two weeks it has to be better than what I was eating. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by reelmin5 View Post
    Have not heard of this simple. Actually think I will try this. Thanks for the feedback.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Having grown up on the shores of Lake Erie I used to eat Steelhead all the time, very delicious. Living in NC, I have no way of catching or obtaining Steelhead. Even Salmon I have to pick up in the grocery store. I figured if I could stomach to eat salmon once a week or once every two weeks it has to be better than what I was eating. Thanks for the feedback.
    We can actually get it in the meat Dept at our grocery store vacuum sealed. Previous post was supposed to say fats not cats. Lol

Ok, I just have to post this. I got another recipe for my salmon experiment earlier today and it sounded like it would be right up my alley so I went with that recipe for tonights dinner, holy cow was it delicious! The is super easy to prepare and the flavor is awesome. Here goes...

2 cloves garlic, minced
    6 tablespoons light olive oil
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
    1 teaspoon dill
    2 6 ounce salmon filets

1. In a medium glass bowl, prepare marine by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon filets in a medium glass baking dish and cover with the marinade. Cover bowl with saran wrap and marinate in the refrigerator about one hour.
    2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
    3. Place filets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass baking dish and bake 35-45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.

I served this alongside wild rice with mixed vegetables. I will definitely be eating this again and again! I hope you guys enjoy.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelmin5 View Post
    This but I also sprinkle on some season salt and rosemary leaves, also cut some thin lemon slices and put on top as well as drizzle a bit of fresh squeezed lemon juice, then wrap in parchment paper before putting in the oven.

13. Member
    Our Sams club offers some delicious Salmon with some type of crab/ shrimp filling. :) Its awesome

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I use this sweet spicy glaze and cook on cedar plank on gas grill.....pretty dang good.....glaze may not be "healthy" but great taste.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/145843/...d=cardslot%201
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Member
    The wife bakes salmon with white wine and a touch of brown sugar. Melts in you mouth.

16. Member
    Grilled on top of cedar planks. Seasoned with butter and lemon pepper. Simple and delicious.

17. Member
    I put salmon on my George Forman with lemon/pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, love it that way but it sure does stink up the garage, wife want let me cook it in the house,,,,,,,RT

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    I put salmon on my George Forman with lemon/pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, love it that way but it sure does stink up the garage, wife want let me cook it in the house,,,,,,,RT
    LOL, that’s too funny. My wife hates it when I cook it in the house as well. I have found that I enjoy it grilled also.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

19. Member
    Go to youtube. Search for cedar plank salmon. There are tons of different coatings you can use.
    It's the only way I cook salmon anymore. I don't use the cedar planks anymore. Instead I just
    use aluminum foil, doubled up and folded up on four sides. It' fantastic.

20. Member
    took fresh salmon fillet and brined overnight the smoked.
    1/4 cup kosher salt
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    couple splashes of apple cider vinegar, water
    heat until dissolved, cool down pour over fish cover and place in fridge overnight.
    take out next day rinse and pat dry. finish drying on cake rack until dry and tacky feeling.
    set smoke at around 180-200 smoked with pecan wood for 4hrs.
    let cool mix with low fat cream cheese and no fat sour cream, dice onions and celery to taste approximately 1/4 cup, squirt of siracha and eat over pita chips or wheat crackers

Wife hates salmon but loves this. FYI I also marinate other pieces over night in Dales liquid seasoning after slicing 1/4"hen put on dehydrator for 8-10 hrs., even my son loves it.
    2016 Phoenix 919 10" bobs jackplate with dual 8' blades, 225 merc and 25 fury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast