Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Pic
    nice congrats

2. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Left dealership a bit ago..after spending several hours comparing boats, I kept coming back to the 20PHX layout with the SHO for power. Ultrex with I-link, Solix 15 and 12, 12" atlas jack, hamby, trick steps...can't wait to pick it up a Saturday!
    That is one sweet setup my friend enjoy
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

2018 Phoenix 919 Pro XP, 225 Pro XS

Ultrex 112#, Helix 10s, NightFishion HD-8

”Midnight Special”

4. Member
    Left dealership a bit ago..after spending several hours comparing boats, I kept coming back to the 20PHX layout with the SHO for power. Ultrex with I-link, Solix 15 and 12, 12" atlas jack, hamby, trick steps...can't wait to pick it up a Saturday!
    Congrats. You will not regret it. Sweet rig.

5. Member
    Congrats!! I have no doubt you will love it. Which dealer did you use?

6. Member
    Congrats on the new sled! Your boat will be faster then the pro xs with some slight tweaking. If you're worried about top end send your prop out to Mark Crofton. I just ran my 921 pro xp sho combo with my new prop last weekend. 77.1 2 people full fuel heavy tournament load. That boat will be a rocket

Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by MCaruso View Post
    Congrats on the new sled! Your boat will be faster then the pro xs with some slight tweaking. If you're worried about top end send your prop out to Mark Crofton. I just ran my 921 pro xp sho combo with my new prop last weekend. 77.1 2 people full fuel heavy tournament load. That boat will be a rocket

Flashed?
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

9. Member
    Wanted to give a shout out to Fran at Fun and Sun Marine in Hurst, TX...been great doing business with him...more importantly, no BS or run around with him. Good price on boat, does what he says he will. Great people..

10. Member
    No, everything is stock. Just a croxtonized prop

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCaruso View Post
    No, everything is stock. Just a croxtonized prop
    What pitch? The sho props really wake up when b&b'd

12. Member
    Falcon - after you have had it out for a bit - could you give a short review/impressions? I am thinking about pretty much the exact same boat/motor/electronics/TM combination.

Thanks.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

13. Member
    25 t2 boat and motor are 2018. Only thing is I haven't run it light load and light fuel yet and it's already turning aboiut max rpm. May have to add some cup to it

That is impressive!
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

15. Member
    Sold! That is a nice rig. I have a 18 920 with a SHO and have no regrets, especially with the outboard. I have been missing out.

16. Member
    Will do Jonathan...

17. Banned
    Congratulations

18. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Congrats on your new 20phx! Colors are bad a$$!!

19. Member
    Finally got a chance to get out for the first time today and break in my SHO, and play with graphis and boat some. I'm very impressed with the handling and ride of this boat to say the least. After varying power under 2000rpm for 1 hour, then running just on plane and under 3000rmp next hour, the third hour I was able to get a better feel for the boat. I started with PTP of 3" today and moved around from there a bit. I very briefly hit 71pmh with 2 /12" PTP height and rpm of 5800...Didn't push it hard, and for sure not WOT more than 1 minute. I know manuals says I can go 5 WOT from 3-10 hours, but I'm era on the safe side. The boat was rock solid to 70, then it started to wonder a little at 71...My first impression is that the T2 prop isn't going to allow me to get to the rpm's need...T1 headed to Croxton first thing. This was full fuel, my big ass(240), and fishing gear.

Couple of issues - Water pressure gauge isn't working from factory..going to have to sort that out..I watched close all day and the motor pee good all day. One thing that I thought I'd like about the boat was the center box for tackle and rod storage. I should have tried putting a few rods in before I bought...the layout and design has the rods in at a funny angle..they don't really line up as they should from tip to butt..I'll play with it a little more in the future, but not impressed so far with the layout design...And I'm sure not impressed trying to get tackle boxes in and out with the rods in there...rods are in my way..This is not a big issue for me as the rod locker on the side stores more rods than I carry anyways..

i'd be curious about anyone else PTP height with the SHO and T2 prop...Atlas jackplate gauge on 10(motor mounted in second hole down), and jackplate measure/tape marker on 3" gives me 15" from pad to ground and 12" center of prop hub to ground(this is with a square leveled motor and pad level as well...

20. Member
    You'll love that sho the more you run it. Just try to keep it at or above 5k after warming it up for the next few hours and don't lug it around and you'll be fine on making oil. Too many people think they have to lug them around holding the pedal down running rich at 4k to seat the rings when it needs to be ran up where its making power to expand the rings and running leaner to build heat.
    Alot of guys run the sho at ~2" p2p at wot so you've got room to come up. Wait until you get fully broken in and learn to drive the boat before you send the prop off so you know exactly what you need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast