Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Thanks for the info Wackyjig!

2. Member
    Very nice!!

3. Member
    Carried the bird out again this morning and had a little more time to work with it. I had several people email me from the start wanting me to update and give my thoughts on PHX and the SHO combo. I can say this boat fishes wonderful. Not much rocking side to side even with two 240 guys fishing for same side of boat..it's very stable...the ride is in my opinion the best ride I've ever had in a boat, though to be fair, the water wasn't too bad this morning. it was very windy, but Hamilton is a pretty protected lake, so chop was probably 1-2 ft this morning. The boat drives like a car, and the ride stay dry all the way though. On my first round out with boat, it started walking a little around 71. Today, using the Atlas jackplate I bumped up my P2P to about 2 1/4" and the boat stayed solid all the way to 6000 rpm(anolog, boat tach)...73.1 mph..This is running the stock T2, 45 gallons of gas, 2 -240 pound guys, full load of fishing gear, live wells 1/2 full. My water pressure gauge wasn't working from factory so I didn't want to go any higher on the motor today. I believe I could have came up antoher 1/4-1/2" and the boat would have hit 75.. With light load, splash of fuel, one person, I really think that 77-78 is a true doable number with this boat. Overall, I'm very impressed with the boat and Yamaha, and feel that I made the right buying decision and it was money well spent.

Info on motor/prop/jack plate setup..

12" Atlas with motor mounted in second hole down. Digital Atlas trim gauge mounted on dash. With the trim gauge set on 10, and the jackplate tape setting at 3", I have 3" P2P height. So at 3 3/4" on tape and 13 on gauge, I'm figuring 2 1/4" P2P.

If you are considering a 20PHX, I give it two thumbs up. The only minor thing I'm not crazy about is the rod storage in the center..it's odd cause I thought i'd really wanted that, but the rods go into the holds at offset, weird angles, and take up to much of the tackle storage space IMO. The side rod box holds more rods than I ever carry anyways, so this isn't a big deal for me..

My next step is to drop 180lbs in weight by installing Lithium Pro's, flashing the ECU and adding a Croxton worked 26 or 27 T1. I'm expecting low to mid 80's at that point...
    Last edited by falconpilot; 02-15-2018 at 06:30 PM.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    sounds like a sweet ride, Im planing to test drive one this summer
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Thanks for the report...much appreciated.

Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    sounds like a sweet ride, Im planing to test drive one this summer
    Don't do it, it'll cost you money.

7. Member
    Here's a 79.8 mph run..one person, 1/2 tanks, tourney loaded..

Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Here's a 79.8 mph run..one person, 1/2 tanks, tourney loaded..

Wow! Have you flashed the ecu?

9. Member
    I am thinking after seeing the video why Phoenix 20 and 21 foot boats have such a big speed difference. The Ranger 20' is about a 75-76 MPH boat the 21' is a 72-73 MPH boat with same motor. The Phoenix 20's are in the 78-81 MPH depending on set up. The 21's is 72-74 MPH boats. The speed difference on most boats is about 2-3 MPH difference between 20-21 foot boats. The Phoenix always seam to be more in the 6-7 MPH range. I always wonder why such a big difference in the Phoenix. just wondering

10. Member
    In fairness, the ECU is flashed. Lithium Pros going in next week, shaving off 180 lbs...I'm also going to add a 26 T1...between the two, boat should be 83-85...we'all see..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123