Where to buy new trailer fenders?

I need to install new fenders on my 1998 "Ranger Trail" trailer that came with my 1998 Ranger R91-I. I bought the used boat & trailer combo recently, and the trailer needs some work, unlike the boat that is in very nice "turn key" condition. The boat is the Intra-Coastal model, so the trailer is galvanized. The trailer fenders are missing. My Astro bass boat trailer has fenders that are angled on the inboard side to provide more clearance when the boat in on the trailer. My local trailer supply company doesn't have fenders that have the inboard angle for bass boat use. I'm not sure the "Ranger Trail" trailer used the angled fenders? Maybe someone that knows can help me out. Anyway, I need to order a couple fenders to install on my "Ranger Trail" bass boat trailer. I'm not worried about getting galvanized fenders, but I'll buy them if they are available.

Does anyone have suggestions for sourcing bass boat trailer fenders?

2. Member
    I have had good luck with mcclaintrailers.com

Just call Ranger with your hull serial number. They are actually very good on parts prices and if they don't carry them anymore they can give you the manufacturer they used.

4. Member
    Aluminum fenders look nice, until they bend up when stepped on.

Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    Just call Ranger with your hull serial number. They are actually very good on parts prices and if they don't carry them anymore they can give you the manufacturer they used.
    Good advice...I called and ordered two fenders, should have them in 3-5 days. THanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Axhammer View Post
    Good advice...I called and ordered two fenders, should have them in 3-5 days. Thanks!
    Good deal!

I recieved a call from Wayne at Ranger Parts...the fenders I need for my trailer are not available. He did confirm my trailer came with the style fenders that have the inboard side angled to provide more clearance for the boat.

Does anyone know where I can buy fenders for a bass boat trailer?

Wayne (Ranger parts) was able to confirm the P/N for the fenders I need. I found a set on epay. McLain trailers wesite listed a steel version that would probably work, the ones I bought are galvanized, so I should be good to go.

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

The new fenders I recieved from "Great Lakes Skipper" are a perfect fit, so they must be true "Ranger Fenders". All I need now are some stainless bolts, washers & nuts to bolt them in place. I'm going to make my own inner covers, and install carpet on them later when I replace the carpet on the bunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    I bought my R91 in Rincon.

Quote Originally Posted by Axhammer View Post
    The new fenders I recieved from "Great Lakes Skipper" are a perfect fit, so they must be true "Ranger Fenders". All I need now are some stainless bolts, washers & nuts to bolt them in place. I'm going to make my own inner covers, and install carpet on them later when I replace the carpet on the bunks.
    Use King Starboard for the inner fenders. Don't mess with wood.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Use King Starboard for the inner fenders. Don't mess with wood.
    If Azek board is cheaper, it is easy to work with and does not absorb water.