Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lion hunter shot dead on Safari

MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    "Pero Jelinic was struck by a bullet while hunting captive-bred lions in South Africa."

He certainly didn't deserve to die for it, but calling what he was doing "hunting" is quite a stretch.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    "Pero Jelinic was struck by a bullet while hunting captive-bred lions in South Africa."

He certainly didn't deserve to die for it, but calling what he was doing "hunting" is quite a stretch.
    That's where your gonna go with that? Call it what you want... But for him, he was on a hunt for what it was worth to him... And somebody shot him for it...

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    That's where your gonna go with that? Call it what you want... But for him, he was on a hunt for what it was worth to him... And somebody shot him for it...
    Maybe you missed where I said "he certainly didn't deserve to die for it".

And yeah, I'll stand by my opinion of the activity in which he was engaged...

While I have no special affinity for lions, "shooting" them would have been a much more accurate description in this case.
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Crazy stuff! Im guessing it was likely a local who didnt agree with the operation?

6. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I like how they made sure you could see a fence in the background. A case of someone sticking their nose where it didn't belong. I hope the killer spends the rest of their life in prison.

I'm with Brian on this one. I started hunting ---------------i dont know around the age of 8 or so. Unlike some states, we didnt have deer camps or deer leases. We hunted open fields. I thought it was tough to hunt deer in the fields of Iowa. BUT the Sandhills of western Nebraska--- you better bring your A-game, cause a 500 yard shot is the norm. The land is wide open.

Shooting any type of controlled game in a controlled environment, to me would be like going out to the corral and shooting a fenced in heifer.

8. Member
    But ya gotta agree that shooting a deer at 500 yards has a LOT more to do with marksmanship than "hunting".

9. Banned
    I agree with hatcreek. It is a terrible thing that he was killed in what is a accident i would think but i also do not side with shooting pen raised or fenced in animals. To each his own but this is not hunting. Prayers for his family and friends.

I think he was killed for the exact reason that you all think he was not hunting... To him he was hunting... To me I don't care one way or the other....

Jonathan Hillstrand