Finding a used camper

Where is a good place to look? Is there a site similar to BBC? Not finding much on Craigslist. I like to find something like a 19 to 21 ft that's a few years old.

2. Member
    RVtrader.com is a possibility.

3. Banned
    You can try EBay also can talk to RV dealers in your area tell them what you are looking for they will usually call if someone does a trade in.

4. Member
    Rvtrader is a good source. Also look at RV dealers websites for used units. Another possibility is to drive through large campgrounds in your area. Stop at the gate and say you want to check out the campground and look for units for sale. Sometimes the best values are via a private sale.

RV.net forums is a good board to get information. No units are for sale there, but it is a good resource for researching units.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Member
    I've got a 38' 5th wheel going up for sale shortly!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

Got a 26 ft keystone fifth wheel with super slide for sale.

7. Banned
    Rvtrader.com filtered by miles from your home. There are also some high volume/low profit dealers in Central Ohio, and they also take trades.

ebay is an option also. Just set your search to units within the whatever radius of miles you are willing to travel.

If you use craigslist set up a saved search that includes all cities that are within the range you are willing to travel to. Then just run the search every few days. I found my camper on the Louisville craigslist which is about a 3 hour drive, where as just looking local I would have never even seen it.

Let family and friends know also as they may see something on the roadside with a for sale sign.

Patience is the most important thing. Know your budget and what type of camper you are looking for and sooner or later you will find it.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

local craigs list for your town & area , free ..just find close to you or go travel

https://columbus.craigslist.org/search/rva < click on that

double post so skip this lolo

I've had good luck on craigslist. Camping world has a lot of trade-ins and a way to search em on their site.
    Last edited by basscatlildave; 02-13-2018 at 04:41 PM.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Where is a good place to look? Is there a site similar to BBC? Not finding much on Craigslist. I like to find something like a 19 to 21 ft that's a few years old.

Check out: http://www.rv.net/

13. Member
    I have a 2016 26 foot Salem Lite bunk house series travel trailer that I am thinking about trading it in, or selling. Thinking about going to a bigger camper.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    I have a 2016 26 foot Salem Lite bunk house series travel trailer that I am thinking about trading it in, or selling. Thinking about going to a bigger camper.
    I've got a 38' Heartland Landmark Augusta that we are going to sell. It is a great unit, we lived in it while we remodeled our house. I'll make you a heck of a deal!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

15. Member
    I'd like to stay in the 20 ft range. Will most likely buy a new one because of lack of finding a used one. Some dealers have used but price is too close to a new one.

16. Member
    Campers Unlimited in Atalla, Al. They have hundreds of used ones. Steve Lister. Good friend. They are on Facebook.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

17. Member
    Other postings are right. Dealers usually have dozens of used trailers for sale. You can locate dealers in the area that you plan to keep it and check their websites. They always have a listing of pre-owned trailers. They will deliver it and set it up on your site. Used trailers are a better bargain. There is always room to negotiate price when buying new or used.

King RV is a repo reseller for BOA. They have some great deals. Ignore their prices as they are just guidlines. Submit an offer of about 1/2 the list price. Negotiate from there. Accepted offers are not binding. If you don’t like when you get their you can leave. I bought two boats from their sister site (commonwealth Boat Brokers) over the years. All VERY good experiences.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s