Speedometer hose

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to block off the speedometer hose that I’ll no longer need since I just installed a mercmonitor in its place? Engine is a 2017 150 4 stroke. Don’t have serial number on me at the moment, thanks
    Last edited by Snakebait; 01-30-2018 at 01:30 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Remove the hose at the engine, replace fitting with a pipe plug.

There are a number of other variants to accomplish the same thing- as long as you are stopping the flow of water from the threaded opening to the hose, you've accomplished the task.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don, where on the engine will the spot for this pipe plug be? If I follow the hose through the cowling it looks like it goes down into the lower housing right in front of the low pressure fuel filter.
    Last edited by Snakebait; 01-30-2018 at 08:00 PM.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    In your case, I would be inclined to locate the splice joint that already exists (it's either in the engine cowling, OR in the rigging tube), and plug the hose off there.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Ok thanks Don! I’ll see if I can locate the splice on Friday

6. Member
    Got it all taken care of! The splice was about 12” outside of the cowling in the rigging hose. I cut it at the spice and put a little silicone in the hose and threaded a stainless machine screw in the end and put 2 zip ties around that. Hopefully that will do the job! Thanks again