Is 25w50 Verado oil being discontinued?

I have only 60 hours on my 300 Pro, but I have been using 25w50 because that’s what my dealer recommended. I have read on the Verado club site that once Mercury depletes their inventory of 25w50, they will only be selling 25w40 oil. Has anyone else heard this? The person that made this statement said that Mercury told him this.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Nope. 25W50 is under the 4-stroke RACING oil. That change took place a couple years ago... inventories of the older Mercury 25w50 are now finally depleting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Is the 25w50 oil available in the Quicksilver brand?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Nope. 25W50 is under the 4-stroke RACING oil. That change took place a couple years ago... inventories of the older Mercury 25w50 are now finally depleting.
    I cannot seem to find Mercury Racing oil 25w50 on Mercury’s or Mercury Racing’s website. It is available online from other vendors.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Mercury doesn't sell the oil direct to consumers- that's probably why you can't locate it.

Part# 8M0078014 shows "Active" in the system, and can be ordered at any time.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    The racing and non racing mercury has same ingredients just different badging correct? 25w50

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    The racing and non racing mercury has same ingredients just different badging correct? 25w50
    Yes, but the 25w50 is now under the Racing Label (previously was also available under the Mercury "Verado Oil" label).