who's been to T Bend lately

???

water temp ?

how's the fishin?

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

2. Member
    48* water last week, fishing was poor, high pressure had them locked up, at least that’s the excuse I’m using

3. Member
    They just had the college tournament out of there. And a high school on bassmaster.com

Friend said water was cold (mid 40s) and fishing has been tough tough.

20XDC / Promax

5. Member
    I had 54 in main lake over the weekend

Thanks fellas.

I'll report back if I got anything worth reporting..........

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

7. Member
    Hopefully my boat will be ready soon and I'll be making some trips up there.

My dad and I went out yesterday and fished north of Pendleton Bridge area. Got on the water about 10:30 and fished until 2:00. Water was slightly stained, 49* and 10-15mph NNW wind blowing. Not a blade of grass, obviously, but caught some up to 3 1/2 pounds on a rattletrap. Actually caught 9 and lost 1.

Speaking of the high school tournament....who knows the responsibilities of the boat driver? Is it up to the kids to find their own fish or does the boat driver pretty much take the kids where he wants them to fish? Just curious because I find it hard to believe high school kids from the Chicago area can come down here and catch 21 pounds on their own. Possible, but hard to believe.

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toledobasser View Post
    Speaking of the high school tournament....who knows the responsibilities of the boat driver? Is it up to the kids to find their own fish or does the boat driver pretty much take the kids where he wants them to fish? Just curious because I find it hard to believe high school kids from the Chicago area can come down here and catch 21 pounds on their own. Possible, but hard to believe.
    Good question, i always wondered the same.....i'm sure the adults have more input than the kids......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    The adults can practice and put kids on fish, however, on tournament day he can only sit and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by toledobasser View Post
    My dad and I went out yesterday and fished north of Pendleton Bridge area. Got on the water about 10:30 and fished until 2:00. Water was slightly stained, 49* and 10-15mph NNW wind blowing. Not a blade of grass, obviously, but caught some up to 3 1/2 pounds on a rattletrap. Actually caught 9 and lost 1.

The boat captain has allot to do with what and where they fish. The boat captain and the two highschool kids work together as a team. Then on Tournament day the kids make the decision on what they want to do. There are 8 time outs to where the kids and boat captain can suggest things to try. The boat captain cannot fish or work troll motor etc. All he can do is drive the boat. That's it They have official practice days but there are no cutoff dates for practice. So if a team wants to fish a week before the tourney they can. We made it to Naionals last year at Kentucky Lake and we pre fished for a week. We found good fish to finish 21st out of 347 teams. We had caranking battery issues the first day which we lost 2hrs of fishin. That hurt us bad. But I can tell you allot of rules are broken. I know for a fact that some teams have 3 to 4 boats scouting for them when the rules say that only team members or another competitor can give info. But it's all good.

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Bada$$Bullet View Post
    The adults can practice and put kids on fish, however, on tournament day he can only sit and watch.
    Painfully sit and watch!

2014 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman1 View Post
    But I can tell you allot of rules are broken. I know for a fact that some teams have 3 to 4 boats scouting for them when the rules say that only team members or another competitor can give info. But it's all good.

Thank you and Bada$$Bullet for the info. I know there is some rule breaking just from being on facebook. There is a Toledo Bend Fishing Reports page and a couple of different guys came on saying either they were fishing or that their son was fishing a high school tourney on Toledo Bend and asked for advice. Some gave advice but some told them that it was against the rules for them to be soliciting information.

Jim Ebarb
    Many, LA (Toledo Bend Lake)
    2004 BassCat Cougar/ 225 Optimax

Humminbird Helix 12 Mega SI on Ram Mount and Lowrance HDS 8 in dash at console
    Humminbird Helix 12 Mega DI on Balzout mount and Lowrance HDS 7 at the bow