Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I have been around bass boats all my life and have never heard of balancing tires on a bass boat trailer...do people really do that?
    always and always have

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    I have been around bass boats all my life and have never heard of balancing tires on a bass boat trailer...do people really do that?
    I wouldn't even think about NOT balancing trailer tires. The less vibration the better, for the tires, trailer, even the boat.

3. Member
    A balanced tire is a happy tire! I balance mine... I have a 2000 EZ loader trailer..had no problems thus far...few cosmetic. Just like maintenance on your car, do it to your trailer and it should last.

Balancing tires is a must. I’d like to see a park brake like Ranger and shocks like a Phoenix. Also would like to have 2x6 bunks as well. Maybe a stainless steel fender option as well.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatesville Junkie View Post
    Balancing tires is a must. I’d like to see a park brake like Ranger and shocks like a Phoenix. Also would like to have 2x6 bunks as well. Maybe a stainless steel fender option as well.
    Depending on the strake configuration on the hull, you can't use 2x6 bunks. If the strakes are too close together, you have to use 2x4's.

My old bug 1994 zx200 on its original trailer , I have upgraded brakes to stainless disc , new actuator, rewired and all led lights , the older ez loaders were made with C channel steel not tube and I have had no issue or rust problems other than minimal you expect to find on a 24 yo trailer but fenders are solid and can withstand my fat ass standing on the still

7. Member
    Anyone know why they started manufacturing their own trailers? I’m just curious. To me it only makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Anyone know why they started manufacturing their own trailers? I’m just curious. To me it only makes sense.
    quality control
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    my 2007 EZ load trailer has been a nightmare but after replacing both axles, hubs, bearings, tires, and bearing buddy's in the first 2 years with ZERO help from EZ loader, they said those were all wear able items and not covered under warranty. Plus now I have rust showing up all over because of the crappy paint is literally just falling off. If I buy another skeeter ( I love my boat) I will probably order a custom trailer from a local shop, I just don't want the hassle of another EZ loader in my opinion they are JUNK. I do trailer around 10,000 miles a year so I need something well built and well they are just not well built. On a side note the boat loads and unloads like a dream with this trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by river zx225 View Post
    my 2007 EZ load trailer has been a nightmare but after replacing both axles, hubs, bearings, tires, and bearing buddy's in the first 2 years with ZERO help from EZ loader, they said those were all wear able items and not covered under warranty. Plus now I have rust showing up all over because of the crappy paint is literally just falling off. If I buy another skeeter ( I love my boat) I will probably order a custom trailer from a local shop, I just don't want the hassle of another EZ loader in my opinion they are JUNK. I do trailer around 10,000 miles a year so I need something well built and well they are just not well built. On a side note the boat loads and unloads like a dream with this trailer.
    Skeeter makes their own trailer now. Its no longer an EZ loader under Skeeter.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Skeeter makes their own trailer now. Its no longer an EZ loader under Skeeter.

Learn something new everyday. That is awesome makes picking out a new boat in 2 years a lot easier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12