Alpha 211 ride in rough water

I'm in the market for a new to me boat. I have come across a 2013 Alpha 211 at an exceptional price. I am wanting a 20 to 21 foot boat that rides good in rough water. What can you tell me about the Alpha 211 in rough water? I have never ridden in a legend, so I have no experience in them. Do legends chine walk? I want a boat that is stable and easy to drive. It doesn't have to be a rocket. I am in into comfort not speed.

Thanks

2. Member
    Can't help with the 211 but I have a 199. Great rough water ride (my friends are amazed how smooth the boat rides when the water whitecaps. No boat rides smooth in three footers, no chine walk. If your buddy's smarting off about how he is outfishing you just bat turn the boat at 40mph and sling him out Buy it, you will like it. I'm 66 and comfort and easy is my thing also.

3. Member
    Rides very good in rough water. Will walk above 70 but you don't have to drive it that fast. Wont chine walk if you learn to drive it.
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

4. Member
    It’s absolutely the best rough water ride I’ve ever been in. It’s a little better than the V-20 and walks and rolls way less than the other brands I’ve been in.

5. Member
    I run a 2013 Legend Alpha 211 with a Honda BF250. This is absolutely the best riding boat I have ever owned and I have owned several. And, by the way, I love the Honda also.

6. Member
    That's good to hear... I will be taking a test ride in the 211 afterwhile. It should be a good day to test the ride. It's a windy day here. I may be in the Legend family before the end of the day, if all goes well!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    When I sold my Champion 201 in late 2010, the 211 was on my short list. The unavailability of a clean, well maintained one in TX while I was looking is probably the only reason I'm not in one now.

8. Member
    I have an Alpha A211 2013 Duel Console, and it rides well in rough water 2 or 3 footers. If it has a Hydraulic Jack Plate, keep it all the way down and maybe a little trim, you are good to go. I wouldn't be running WOT anyway, LOL.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    When I sold my Champion 201 in late 2010, the 211 was on my short list. The unavailability of a clean, well maintained one in TX while I was looking is probably the only reason I'm not in one now.
    Yes you never saw them for sale back then, sure are a bunch in the classifieds now

10. Member
    Great boat for rough water.
    Nitro z21

i have a 199, superb rough water ride. Play with props as they make all the difference in rough water handling - if you run across someone running a stock fury and they think its not that great in rough water, thats probably why. Stock setup they tend to be hard to get the bow up and 3 blade isn't great for lower speed handling. With a bit smaller worked prop i can run mine high and slow and have an extremely comfortable ride in some pretty rough conditions.

12. Member
    I'm glad to hear all the positives about this boat, I've joined the Legend family! Signed papers on it today, will be picking it up soon! I'm excited to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by rcraigrrt View Post
    I'm glad to hear all the positives about this boat, I've joined the Legend family! Signed papers on it today, will be picking it up soon! I'm excited to say the least!
    Congrats!!

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

Quote Originally Posted by rcraigrrt View Post

Congrats, you won't be disappointed in this boat. I ran two over the last 9 years and the things it will do in rough water will amaze you. Enjoy!
    @captainmorganlegend

15. Member
    Finally something positive in this forum. Congrats on your new Legend.

Congrats, you will definitely enjoy the boat. I had a 2014 211R and it rode awesome.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

17. Member
    Thanks guys! As soon as I pick it up, I'll open a new thread and post up some pics!