Thread: Cape ponds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cape ponds

Cape ponds opening up Ashumet is open, and Johns. Probably more, have not checked.

2. Member
    Have not checked all of them ????Come on, start checking .. I think some guys are having a tx. on Johns this week end ?
    Thank you ...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Cape ponds opening up Ashumet is open, and Johns. Probably more, have not checked.
    Been DYING to get out there again and fish some open water. Would you be willing to list out all of the ponds down there that have a launch? I don't care what condition it's in, so long as the ramp is big enough that my Ranger will fit, I'll throw it down any launch, don't care how bad it is. Thanks for any help!

I need to find a means of getting the motor safe though from the water potentially freezing inside of the lower unit. I do the best I can to drain it, but I store it outside and I worry I won't get enough water out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Been DYING to get out there again and fish some open water. Would you be willing to list out all of the ponds down there that have a launch? I don't care what condition it's in, so long as the ramp is big enough that my Ranger will fit, I'll throw it down any launch, don't care how bad it is. Thanks for any help!

I need to find a means of getting the motor safe though from the water potentially freezing inside of the lower unit. I do the best I can to drain it, but I store it outside and I worry I won't get enough water out of it.
    I will check few as I can, I don't go down cape much. I might run over to Mashpee this week.

Here are a few. there are more with some access, these are the ones I frequent. I can get my cat in with an Excursion

Ashument- Great ramp, but not great fishing- live 2 miles from it.
    Johns- Ramp is tricky one bad trailer parking and your screwed, but generally it is good, fishing is very good
    Santuit- dirt ramp- fishing pretty good, its shallow.
    Wequaquet- Ramp is only open from labor day to memorial day and parking is tricky where you can, Parking along the road in unmarked areas. then walk back to the ramp. Fishing very good.
    Mashpee/Wakeby- great ramp, good fishing one of the bigger ponds.
    Longpond (Harwich) - ramp ok,
    open from labor day to memorial day, fishing pretty good, nice smallies.
    Peters pond, Ramp ok, fishing decent small body of water wild in the summer with boats, skiers, jetskis. good smallies.
    Agwam mill pond- Wareham, you cross it on RT 25. ramp dirt, fishing is pretty decent.

All of these should be open now, give or take some skim ice based on the current weather.

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Saw a smallie from Johns last week that looked to be about 3.5 lbs a friend of mine caught I was gonna give it a try but need to pick the right day
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Here are a few. there are more with some access, these are the ones I frequent. I can get my cat in with an Excursion

Ashument- Great ramp, but not great fishing- live 2 miles from it.
    Johns- Ramp is tricky one bad trailer parking and your screwed, but generally it is good, fishing is very good
    Santuit- dirt ramp- fishing pretty good, its shallow.
    Wequaquet- Ramp is only open from labor day to memorial day and parking is tricky where you can, Parking along the road in unmarked areas. then walk back to the ramp. Fishing very good.
    Mashpee/Wakeby- great ramp, good fishing one of the bigger ponds.
    Longpond (Harwich) - ramp ok,
    open from labor day to memorial day, fishing pretty good, nice smallies.
    Peters pond, Ramp ok, fishing decent small body of water wild in the summer with boats, skiers, jetskis. good smallies.
    Agwam mill pond- Wareham, you cross it on RT 25. ramp dirt, fishing is pretty decent.

All of these should be open now, give or take some skim ice based on the current weather.
    Awesome, thank you so much for that!!

So two of those ponds are closed from Memorial Day to Labor day, during the peak of the summer? That's odd.

Awesome, thank you so much for that!!

So two of those ponds are closed from Memorial Day to Labor day, during the peak of the summer? That's odd.
    The ramps are owned by associations,

It’s a big thing in Assachewshits ...Some of my favorite lakes I can only go to before and after the holidays ... sucks

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    what is worse in my opinion is that we can't fish our resevoirs like other states we could have have great tourneys on North Wattuppa and Assawomsett and a few other in ma that hold some good fish....lol

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    what is worse in my opinion is that we can't fish our resevoirs like other states we could have have great tourneys on North Wattuppa and Assawomsett and a few other in ma that hold some good fish....lol
    The NY reservoirs are off limits to motors....I you ever seen the Peapacton you would salivate. My property is next to it. canoes or row boats, that have to be steam cleaned to get on.

12. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I would steam clean a bathtub to be able to get on North Wattuppa or Assawomsett and fish for a couple days ....LOL

Mashpee

14. Member
    Oh heck yeeaaaa!!! I've gotta get the boat registered and unwrapped soon, I'm dying to get out!! Have a lot going on for the next two weeks though unfortunately so it's going to be at least that long until I can realistically get down there.

Going to be heading down soon if water does not open up here quickly ... ice was black today on a lot of lakes .. a good sign it could be gone soon

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Going to be heading down soon if water does not open up here quickly ... ice was black today on a lot of lakes .. a good sign it could be gone soon
    after the snow this weekend the temps look like 40-60's next week.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

17. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    gonna have to fill the tanks and get it down there next week for a trip, gonna keep an eye on the weather for the best day

18. Member
    Hopefully the snow part is very insignificant. Cabin fever is killing me.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Both sides of Monponsett are open. Oldham is open. Hanson town hall pond is open.

20. Member
    STOP IT GUYS, I CAN'T HANDLE IT. Going to get the boat registered, unwrapped, and fired up this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast