Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first impressions of a Lund 1875 Pro V Bass

The boss ( the wife ) let me out of my cage today. Actually it was the first day I got to get out of the house since the doctor operated on my foot 10 days ago. He had me staying put and keeping my foot elevated. So my wife and I took a 100 mile run up to a PA boat dealer to go play inside a Lund 1875 Pro V bass today. I brought 6 rods to experiment with. First off, I was impressed with the deep V on them and how they designed the rest of the hull. It would have been nice using it here on the Chesapeake Bay due to our often times rough tidal water.
    I loved all the storage except they did a terrible job on the rod storage in my opinion. They say you can fit 15 rods in their center rod box. I need to store more than that and I had contacted Lund about the possibility to double up on some. The rep told me they have rather large rod tubes inside so he felt it could be done. Wrong! The rod box is deep and the rear rod supports are done on three levels. The problem is the rod tubes are placed too close to the rod supports. I put one spinning rod in and the first stripping guide was inside the rod tube when you sat the rod down on the rear support. They say you can fit 8 foot + musky rods in the box, in my opinion you would break the rod trying to bend it down in the box so it went in the tube. It was disappointing since I was happy with most all of the rest of the boat. I guess my quest continues for a better boat/floor plan than the Lowe I have. I am going to check out the Express boats next. I just have to find a dealer with a X19 in stock to go look at.
    If you are or were interested in the Pro V bass go look carefully and take some rods with you. Do your own experiment and let me know what you thought of it.

2. Banned
    It’s metal.

3. Member
    my 2075 no problem with 7/11 swimbait rods

4. Member
    I don’t have any problem doubling up on rods in my 1875. Rod socks help a lot. You do have to be a little careful putting them in and taking them out in regards to bending the rods, but I don’t see it as being a big deal.

5. Member
    I’ve got 30 rods in my 2075 Pro V Bass rod box. It will hold more.

6. Member

4 in one slot with rod socks. The tubes are large.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Size doesn't matter it's how you use it hahaha

8. Member
    Get rid of the rod tubes and use rod socks and you can put a lot in there.

Where in pa did you look at it
    2016 RT 188

10. Member
    Reading Boat Works. Gus, their salesman, is a great guy to work with. He understood I was still a bit gimpy since I was 10 days out from foot surgery.
    I am still using one of those darn surgical shoes. Anyway he was there to answer questions and then let my wife and I alone for a while to climb around and figure out what we liked and did not like so much.
    Don't misunderstand me it is a nicely configured boat, but I need to store all of our rods in the boat when we travel to other states to fish. I carry a dozen baitcasters, and usually at least 4 spinning rods. My wife carries at least 6 spinning rods and several of them are the G Loomis SJR series rods. They have rather large stripping guides on them. The problem as I saw it was the rod box is deep, and the distance between the rod rack ( support for the rod handle) and the rod tubes was very short. Literally some of her spinning rods had their first guide stuck in the tube. I was disappointed since I thought that would make a great boat to run here on the bay. Interestingly the dealer had most of his Lunds sitting on galvanized ShoreLander trailers. I liked the setup it was on.

I know I should have waited a few weeks till my foot was healed, but this is boat show season and I was afraid I would miss an opportunity to see it. Reading Boat Works was the only dealer showing one in stock in MD, PA, or VA, from what I could tell.
    By the way I have rod socks on all my rods anyway. That is how I store 14 or 15 in my Lowe's rod box.

11. Member
    Wonder What the price tag would be with a 200hp?
    Outlaw Bass

I am more interested in the 20'10" model. Was the 18' the only pro they had in stock. It's hard for me to drop 70k on a boat I have order
    2016 RT 188

13. Member
    It’s a good point that the 1875 may have a foot less space between the holders and the tube than the 2075 does. Nice observation for the guys that use a lot of spinning rods. Good reason to just buy the 2075:)

14. Member
    My Local dealer just got this in. I'm a sucker for blue boats and this sure is pretty!

15. Member
    46K MSRP for that blue boat with a 150. Prices are pretty incredible for a Lund.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    46K MSRP for that blue boat with a 150. Prices are pretty incredible for a Lund.
    Totally agree and not the best style boat for my type of fishing! But it still is very pretty

17. Member
    You could take out that piece holding the rod tubes and put all you wanted in there.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Wow. That's just crazy

19. Member
    That would have been a great boat for me because we get really rough tidal water here on the Chesapeake Bay. It would have made a great striper and bass boat. I was impressed, it did not feel quite as high as I thought it might. I could have still flipped or pitched docks if I wanted too. It just had a much more comfortable deeper V then my mid V Lowe has.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DvKing View Post
    It’s metal.
    ^^ This

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast