Thread: 250ss

250ss

How is the whole shot on these motors? I know depends on boat but just generally speaking.

2. Member
    Hole shot is descent, but like any other motor, it depends on how well its propped. When I ran a 27P Fury, hole shot was pretty good. But when I switched to a 4 bladed 29P Suzuki prop, hole shot was good until I put on my Talons and filled the livewells, then it was sucking.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    Hole shot is descent, but like any other motor, it depends on how well its propped. When I ran a 27P Fury, hole shot was pretty good. But when I switched to a 4 bladed 29P Suzuki prop, hole shot was good until I put on my Talons and filled the livewells, then it was sucking.
    What kinda speed you getting out of it? Are you happy with the motor? Mine will have 8ft blades.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbotaylor View Post
    What kinda speed you getting out of it? Are you happy with the motor? Mine will have 8ft blades.
    With the 12' Talons, my max speed was 68 @5500 rpms. I'm sure I can reach 70 once I get it dialed in and get a 28 pitch prop. I've messaged a few of the Elite pros (Brandon Card & Chad Pipkens) who run Suzukis on their Bass Cats and their top speed was 73 to 74 mph with a full tournament load. In regards to be happy with the motor, I don't regret it one bit and glad that I made the switch from Mercury to Suzuki. I had a Mercury 225 Pro XS and was constantly tinkering on the it since it was always temperamental and a PITA to work on. However, if you are one of those guys who likes top end performance, Suzuki is probably not a good option because it will not outrun a similar boat with a Mercury or Yamaha on it IMO.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by booter View Post
    With the 12' Talons, my max speed was 68 @5500 rpms. I'm sure I can reach 70 once I get it dialed in and get a 28 pitch prop. I've messaged a few of the Elite pros (Brandon Card & Chad Pipkens) who run Suzukis on their Bass Cats and their top speed was 73 to 74 mph with a full tournament load. In regards to be happy with the motor, I don't regret it one bit and glad that I made the switch from Mercury to Suzuki. I had a Mercury 225 Pro XS and was constantly tinkering on the it since it was always temperamental and a PITA to work on. However, if you are one of those guys who likes top end performance, Suzuki is probably not a good option because it will not outrun a similar boat with a Mercury or Yamaha on it IMO.
    thx for the reply I am not a speed freak I just like trying new stuff! I am putting it on a Falcon 205 which as I am sure you know is a small boat company for SC.

Keep us posted on performance!