Thread: XRP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

XRP

So, what's going to happen with ripple? It looks like it's just dying a slow death because of the ties to banks and being somewhat centralized. I'm still holding. For ANY coin to get truly adopted it's going to be centralized and I think ripple is playing on that but technically the coin doesn't have to be used. Which is the case for a lot of the coins out there. Seems like the crypto community quit supporting it and it's not the flavor of the month

2. Member
    I think that some of the drop is because of all the hype of it being on coinbase and it didn't happen. The other part is that most crypto is in a down swing right now. I'm holding onto the ripple I have for a while, but I probably wont add any.

I'm holding to to mine for a while as well. It took a big dip, but has come back up from there. There has been a lot of positive news on it lately and feel like it could make another run. All the main cryptos are down right now, from what I've read, that is typical this time of year and to wait a couple more weeks or a month and see what happens after that.
    From what I've been reading, XRP is one of the few coins that really has a plan going forward to be used and has a real purpose.

4. Member
    I agree. I'm holding. They announced that money gram will be using xrp for transfers to see how it works and more bank partners. It's one of the few coins I think is on the right path to being accepted.

5. Member
    XRP is a hodl and sell at 350 for me wnt to use the gain for ICO

6. Member
    If/when it gets back over $3 I'm probably out. I think we will see that in a couple months

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    If/when it gets back over $3 I'm probably out. I think we will see that in a couple months
    It's so funny to hear different people's opinions on where all these coins are going. I look at the ripple page on reddit sometimes and some people on there are saying it is going to $100, others are saying $200+ and then there are others that are saying maybe $5 in a couple of years.

8. Member
    It is all over the place. And you really never know. If ripple is one of the lone survivors years down the road, it could be worth big money. If you judge by market cap $100 is WAY out there. Someone did mention that a little xrp gets burnt with every transaction. That's something I'm going to check into more. That would mean (1)as time goes buy there would be less, so price would be more, (2)xrp has a shelf life that will eventually run out. That also made me wonder about other coins. Do other ones burn a little every transaction? Is it enough to even bother thinking about?

9. Member
    Ripple could never get to over $100.

MAYBE something like $10 if it fully succeeds.

I didn't buy it when I had the chance at under a penny each. And I'm definitely not buying it now.

10. Member
    with the initial hype of xrp, I saw a 5.00 coin, its still a good coin and doing a lot to be successful..I just don't want to HODL that long for it to get their.

It is all over the place. And you really never know. If ripple is one of the lone survivors years down the road, it could be worth big money. If you judge by market cap $100 is WAY out there. Someone did mention that a little xrp gets burnt with every transaction. That's something I'm going to check into more. That would mean (1)as time goes buy there would be less, so price would be more, (2)xrp has a shelf life that will eventually run out. That also made me wonder about other coins. Do other ones burn a little every transaction? Is it enough to even bother thinking about?
    I've also heard that, and one of the arguments people are making for how it could be worth big money some day. I don't know how much it burns with each transaction, but with the way they want Ripple to work, there could be a whole lot of transactions burning coins. The other thing I am seeing is that every wallet that is open requires 20 xrp to activate it. From what I've seen you basically lose those 20 xrp and are not able to transfer them so every by that opens a xrp wallet is essentially burning 20 xrp as well.
    I would love to see another big spike like we saw in December, but have no idea if or when that will actually happen. I plan to hold on to what I have for a while just to see what will happen.

12. Member
    you do know that XRP was looked at for Amazon, report was on 17 Dec 2017..look it up

13. Member
    Yea. I personally believe Amazon will be one of the big names that help get crypto mainstream. BUT, I think it will be thru their own coin. To much money in having their own coin to adopt another one. That's if block chain can prove to be able to handle the volume of Amazon. I don't think it's close yet.

Yea. I personally believe Amazon will be one of the big names that help get crypto mainstream. BUT, I think it will be thru their own coin. To much money in having their own coin to adopt another one. That's if block chain can prove to be able to handle the volume of Amazon. I don't think it's close yet.
    The problem I see with that idea is if all these big companies are going to use cryptos, but want to develop their own coin, it's going to be too big of a pain in the ass to use. If I want to buy something off of Amazon, I use my credit card that I can currently use anywhere. If all of these companies want to start developing their own coins, you are going to have to go to an exchange, change out the coin and then go to Amazon and pay for it. If all of these companies decided to accept one coin, I could buy a whole bunch of XRP or equivalent and use it wherever I wanted.

15. Member
    I was thinking more along the lines of just depositing money in your Amazon account and that would buy the coin. Then Amazon could pay retailers with their coin and the retailers could cash it out or buy more product with it. A coin that Amazon would use would be widely accepted. You have a good point though.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    What if they develop their own blockchain tech to help their business but a coin is never developed and they just keep accepting dollars.........

I could see the argument for these coins if we were still writing checks and mailing money orders...... but we don't. We use dollars electronically already. What if, the Dollar was it's own crypto currency?
    Thanos was the hero

17. Member
    That's the other side of it. One which is probably more likely. The advantage to the coins is transaction cost mostly. Just the other day me and a buddy were getting a tungsten order together. Sitting on the couch he went to PayPal and sent me his money. Within seconds I had that money, PayPal automatically combined it with what I had to pay, and the order was placed. At that moment I really wondered what the advantage to crypto really was. There's only two, transaction cost and decentralization. Three for the dark world stuff including anonomous transactions. Decentralization I just don't think is going to work. Regulators won't allow it. Atleast not in our lifetime. It's way to easy for them to just say "banned" and move on. That's why I'm in coins that are trying to bridge the gaps to acceptance.

That's the other side of it. One which is probably more likely. The advantage to the coins is transaction cost mostly. Just the other day me and a buddy were getting a tungsten order together. Sitting on the couch he went to PayPal and sent me his money. Within seconds I had that money, PayPal automatically combined it with what I had to pay, and the order was placed. At that moment I really wondered what the advantage to crypto really was. There's only two, transaction cost and decentralization. Three for the dark world stuff including anonomous transactions. Decentralization I just don't think is going to work. Regulators won't allow it. Atleast not in our lifetime. It's way to easy for them to just say "banned" and move on. That's why I'm in coins that are trying to bridge the gaps to acceptance.
    I agree, I don't get the whole decentralization except the younger crowd that just wants to be different. I don't see the advantage of it. I can see the advantage in speed and cost. For a large company like Amazon that does billions of dollars in business every year, I'm sure they pay a large amount in credit card fees that from my understanding is around 3%. Something like Ripple would be much cheaper.

19. Member
    3% is the same numbers I've heard. There are coins with .5% and even some that are claiming to be free. That's a lot of money to be be saved.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I agree, I don't get the whole decentralization except the younger crowd that just wants to be different. I don't see the advantage of it. I can see the advantage in speed and cost. For a large company like Amazon that does billions of amozon isn't poayinf anything near 3%dollars in business every year, I'm sure they pay a large amount in credit card fees that from my understanding is around 3%. Something like Ripple would be much cheaper.
    Amazon isn't paying anything near 3% on it's credit card sales, thats for the small fries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast