Kens sports in kaukauna

Anyone have any experience with them? My buddy bought his first ever boat from them last year and it’s been nothing but problems. From the boat to the service. They mentioned they would work with him to fade that boat on another one and would work the numbers to make him happy. This of course didn’t happen. He is now looking for another dealer and boat manufacturer to work with. Has anyone felt with them before?

2. Member
    Tell him to run away from them. I bought a boat from them 5 years ago and had to threaten to get a lawyer involved. They told me that they didn't take trade-ins, but they were trying to sell me a used boat. Then when we finally agreed on them taking my boat in on trade and me buying the new boat that I was there to buy it still didn't get easier. They told me that the only way they would sell the boat was if I went through their credit union, against the law. I found my own loan and they said that they wouldn't sell me the boat. That's when I told them I was going to get a lawyer. Paperwork was done in no time. 4 months after I bought it I had a seal that was leaking on a compartment. I stopped by on my way back from a trip and showed them and they took pictures and said that they will get back to me in a few day. I waited a month and called and they said that they had no idea I was I was talking about. That was the last time I stepped foot in there. I have a triton and I HIGHLY recommend going to The Boat Doc in Lomira, WI. They take care of all my needs and treat me like I bought the boat from them. They also just started to sell Phoenix boats. Good luck

3. Member
    Wow. Can’t believe they do business this way. The boat doc will be getting a call

I purchased a motorcycle from them and melted five engines...all on first or second ride after getting the bike back from them "fixed"...after fifth time I told them to keep it.

The Boat Doc is where I take my boat...they really know what their doing and I consider them to be a premium marina with great service.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Another vote for The Boat Doc. There are plenty of places I could take my boat to, but it's worth the longer drive to make sure the work is done right.

6. Member
    I bought a used BassCat Eyra from them 7 years ago or so. I had no issues and the boat/motor were fantastic until it got totaled in a storm. The salesman I worked with was named John. Drove 6 hours to get it and had no surprises. The boat was as advertised.

7. Member
    Sport O Motive has been good to me up in Appleton.

8. Member
    The Boat Doc does my Merc service work and they are top notch!
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

9. Member
    After what i've heard, i can tell you I'll never send someone that way to buy a boat not matter what the brand. All the boats i've had over the years from different places, customer service was never a questions. Mr Outboards has always been great to me. The Boat Doc was great as well.

10. Member
    My buddy is buying a new triton 19trx from a dealer in MN not from kens in kaukauna. Not only did they not attempt to make things right from last years purchase, they lost another sale and future service. The more I hear the more bad experiences come about. I know I will mention other places to buy boats when people ask. I get plenty of questions each year. Good job kens sports

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmay View Post
    My buddy is buying a new triton 19trx from a dealer in MN not from kens in kaukauna. Not only did they not attempt to make things right from last years purchase, they lost another sale and future service. The more I hear the more bad experiences come about. I know I will mention other places to buy boats when people ask. I get plenty of questions each year. Good job kens sports
    Send your buddy to the Boat Doc for the Triton. Josh is great to work with!!

12. Member
    Yep I drive 2 hours to have my boat serviced by Josh and his crew. He can get busy and booked up and the wait can get long but his work is outstanding. Did a rebuild and have had him to some small service work the last few years.

13. Member
    Even though I've always been a Skeeter guy, I had Power-Pole issues and Josh at the Boat Doc was awesome to work with. If I ever go back to a bass boat (currently multi-species) I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Josh for a Triton or Phoenix!

14. Member

Issues with Ken's Sports

Yesterday I brought my new 19 TRX home from In Tune Marine in Richmond MN. I live in Green Bay WI which is 5 1/2 hrs away. The level of attention to the details from the sales rep (Aaron Teal), the rigging team and the ladies I worked with on all of the paperwork was amazing. The customer service was top notch I you live anywhere in the upper Midwest you definitely need to consider them.

I'm writing this post not only to give credit where credit is due, but to also let you know that not all dealers live by the same standards. I bought a new boat (different brand) from Kens Sports in Kaukauna, WI a year ago. They were real solid during the purchasing phase and everyone I ever dealt with was very nice but it ends there. When I got my boat the compartments and deck had shards of metal and carpet debris on or in them. I overlooked it at the time because I was so excited to own my first boat and they busted their butts to get me the boat as fast as they could.

Over the course of the 2017 fishing season I ended up having a bunch of issues...with the motor, the boat, the battery charger, trolling motor, wiring, trailer bunks, & ratchet tie downs. I understand most of the issues are the manufacturers. My problem is that for a couple of the issues I had to make multiple trips, which equalled personal time wasted, time away from my job, time off the water and money for gas.

For example, the trailer bunks showed wear after 2 months and on a fishing trip 5 hrs away, one of the bunks fell off the trailer. I fixed it enough to get it home & Ken's evetually fixed it. 2 weeks later there was bunk wear in the same spot. I took the boat off the trailer at a boat ramp & examined the trailer. The middle 2 bunks, one of which was the one that came off the trailer, were pitched differently. The wear was on a 3rd bunk on the far right at the front. Same spot that was already fixed. This time I went to Kens and was much more assertive. After they fixed everything they said the wear was a result of the bunks not being on right. No kidding! Why wasn't that assessment made and the fix executed properly the first time?

At the end of the season there was some work that needed to be performed that was intentionally put off. There were some bubbles in the carpet. I also wanted the boat winterized. I got the boat back 7 weeks later. Apparently it takes a long time for parts. When I put the boat away for storage I checked all of the compartments. The carpet work was done in the back only. The livewells were loaded with metal shards & pieces of carpet. I was also given a lame excuse as to why they couldn't fix the carpet bubbles in the front, so they just blasted screws into the deck to push them down, which is bush league. The kicker is that they completely forgot to winterize my boat. Keep in mind that I live 50 min from where I store my boat in Winter and Ken's is 50 min from there.

So I was done with this boat and why I wasn't done with Ken's is beyond me. I gave them a chance to make things right by considering a 19 TRX from them. They were fair on the trade value they offered, but I was given no sort of concession on the new boat price. When I expressed disappointment, I basically got a shoulder shrug and never heard from them again.

If you are in the market for a Triton and geographically it makes sense, make sure you contact In Tune Marine, (320) 685-3410.

Stay as far away as you can from Ken's Sports in Kaukauna, WI!!!