Bunk replacement

Any advice on lifting a 519 on the trailer to replace bunks. I have good skills and shop. I watched a few YouTube videos using the trailer,blocks and jack. Anyone try this technique?

2. Banned
    I used a 4x4 under the transom with a floor jack and a scissor jack in the front between frame and keel.

This is what I did last year when I restored my trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Way easier to just take it to a ramp where you can put the boat in the water and install the new bunks in the parking lot.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Way easier to just take it to a ramp where you can put the boat in the water and install the new bunks in the parking lot.
    this, and no risk on safety. I did mine mid week on a nice day. boat was tied to courtesy dock. Took me about 1 hour. Need cordless drill, several battery packs, a socket/wrench and the new bunks fully ready to install
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

6. Member
    Thanks guys for your input. Going to also ask our local marina to cradle it for a few days. Not sure on cost for that service. I would wait until open water to do it, but I want all finished by ice out. Thanks again.

You can replace bunks without rolling trailer out from under the boat. Just use a floor jack and do one side at a time. Easy
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,