Thread: Fishing Canada

Fishing Canada

Planning on staying in Canada side of st Clair for vacation this year. I read something about U.S boats were not aloud in Canada. What do I need to do? Thanks

Last year Canadian Government waived the need for calling CanPass for US boats launching from US waters into Canadian water as long as you don’t land or touch ground on the Canadian side

Your situation is a little more complicated

If you launch from Canada and stay in Canadian water there should be no issues

But if you plan to go into US waters you need to contact both the Canadian gov and US customs to clarify your status and requirements I would start with CanPass and see what they say (888) 226-7277
    "The handicapped angler"

A passport is a good start.

4. Member
    Just for clarification, I occasionally take my boat up to Canada and never had a problem getting it across the boarder either way. The Canadians honor for like 1 week our Coast Guard certification. You still need to have all the approved Safety devices. Given the dense population around Sinclair, this has to be a common issue with a common solution. Maybe a call to the US Coast Guard?

With some google work, I found this. Nexus and I-68 forms....http://komonews.com/news/local/agent...order-crossers
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Now this is a new one. I can't imagine anyone wanting to come back to fish the US side if they are on the Canadian side.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    Now this is a new one. I can't imagine anyone wanting to come back to fish the US side if they are on the Canadian side.
    Don't think that's what the OP is planning to do. I read it as he wants to trailer his boat and stay in CAN instead of launch on US side and motoring over - which is a good idea given the chances for rough water and the amount of gas burned to get from US to CAN side.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Don't think that's what the OP is planning to do. I read it as he wants to trailer his boat and stay in CAN instead of launch on US side and motoring over - which is a good idea given the chances for rough water and the amount of gas burned to get from US to CAN side.
    correct, thanks

8. Member
    I go there all the time and never had a issue in almost 30 years. As long as you have the required equipment (Canada has some different requirements!) And insurance you will have no issues. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    If you're launching in Canada, it's just like your fishing at home. Anything different will happen when you tow your boat over. They've never even looked at my boat, maybe I'm lucky. Remember no flare guns in Canada.
    -Matt

10. Member
    Cool, thanks guys!