2002 EFI Mercury 200 reed replacement

Hey I’ve got a 02 200 EFI Mercury that has never had the reeds replaced, I’m not having any problems right now but I’m thinking about having them changed out to carbon fiber ones just as preventative maintenance. Would I hurt anything by doing this and anybody know how much it would cost to have it done?

2. Member
    its good idea,prices vary shop to shop
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You're usually going to have a few hours labor involved... plus the reeds and gaskets.

We recommend (and sell) TDR Reeds for this engine. If you contact our Parts Department, they can set you up with everything you need (or you can even ship your blocks in to have them lapped and reeds installed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Im wishin I was fishin
    TDR in mine ! also at the age of that efi. If it has not been done I would get the injectors done since you are that far into the motor anyway.
    did mine this way.
    I also had the idle stabilizer/timing module bypassed and timing manually set.
    it runs better than ever run Dons cocktail and no ethanol to keep things clean !