Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    John L isn't destroying shit. Triton is destroying themselves quickly enough by putting out JUNK and having terrible service.
    If triton is destroying themselves quickly, u sure wouldn’t know it around these parts. They’re everywhere. And these trx models don’t stay on the dealers lots very long at all. I’ve owned nothing but tritons since 2000 and not a one of them could be classified as junk. I’ve had zero issues with all of em including my ‘17 model. Now, I can’t vouch for the customer service cause I’ve never had to use it. Unless I personally see triton quality fall off as whole, I will continue to buy tritons, no matter who owns em. There are horror stories with every brand from time to time, and I hate seeing it when someone gets hold of one of those. And I totally understand the bashing when a person is having to deal with a lemon. That would suck!

2. Banned
    Where's JJ when you need him to comment

3. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Let's keep it civil fellas.........

If Earl retired, Good on him!
    He has paid his dues and stayed with "his" company through thick and thin

4. Member
    Triton is selling all the boats they can build, dealers are screaming for boats. The plant in Midway Arkansas will help ease the pain, and will all the new renovations with new air systems, new spray rooms.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    John L isn't destroying shit. Triton is destroying themselves quickly enough by putting out JUNK and having terrible service.
    LOL, you must own a Ranger

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerman View Post
    Or doesn't have a boat.

7. Member
    Qc might change with Earl gone. They telling me 12 to 16 weeks to order a new Triton.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerman View Post
    I believe Todd Hendrick is the owner of a
    2015 Triton 189TRX
    with a 150HP Four Stroke motor.......

9. Member
    Really depends on the model. Triton has always tried to move sold boats ahead of stock orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I believe Todd Hendrick is the owner of a
    2015 Triton 189TRX
    with a 150HP Four Stroke motor.......
    Todd was my favorite Triton basher poster until he was replaced by log hopper / on top. That guy’s posts were epic!!!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg309 View Post
    Todd was my favorite Triton basher poster until he was replaced by log hopper / on top. That guy’s posts were epic!!!
    Yes they were.

12. Member
    Todd must have an alarm on his phone for every time the words Triton and Quality go together in a thread. Sorry you had a bad experience but I see Tritons everywhere here in NY and have never spoke to anyone with issues outside anything normal that any boat company has occur. Your bad experience and a few others are far outweighed by the many happy customers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Todd must have an alarm on his phone for every time the words Triton and Quality go together in a thread.

14. Member
    This is too bad, hope the Owners West tourney keeps going. My dad and I have fished that for years.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

15. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    This is too bad, hope the Owners West tourney keeps going. My dad and I have fished that for years.
    Your are blocks away from Triton East, but drive to Cali for the West event
    I would like to do that one once

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg309 View Post
    I don't wish bad on anyone but it sure would be cool to transfer my posted laundry list of issues on to your brand new boat and see how you feel. I would gladly take them back once I feel you actually understand what it feels like. Go back and read the post with the list and tell me how you'd feel.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    Really depends on the model. Triton has always tried to move sold boats ahead of stock orders.
    What Triton do you have Earl Jr?

18. Member
    Well at least this page is not like the Ranger page. If someone complains about a loose screw over there, a unanimous chorus of homers quickly blames it on the dealer, and they close the thread down. They will be closing alot of threads over there in the Johnny Morris era of ownership I bet.

19. Member
    I have a 21TRX and a 240LTS. Last year I had a 20TRX. The new plant in Midway is trying to up production and currently has around 40 20TRX's they are getting ready to ship. I know these things.

20. Member
    I'm on my second Triton and the one I have now is a 2005 that I ordered new from the factory. As it turned out, this was one of the last boats built when Earl owned the company. I think it was 2 days after my boat was delivered that the announcement came out the company being sold.

It's been a great boat, structure wise. My only complaint is the issues with the dash and other peripheral parts basically just coming apart. This started a long time ago and has progressively got worse. The boat is now 13 years old and it still looks like new on the outside but the inside has issues. I would expect some of these type issues in that length of time but trying to find parts for a 13 year old boat is a nightmare, and if you find them, they are simply outrageous to buy. I've resorted to making my own parts in some cases, where I can.

I would like to see them make some of the parts more available and try to hold down the cost of them. I was talking to Carol, the parts Mom, the other day and she told me that one of those large combo gauges is going for $250.00 + and that is if you can find them. The stickers for the seats that come off all the time cost $10.00 each is another example of the high cost of parts. The other dash parts are no longer made and the company that made them is in Dallas Tx but has gone out of business. So much for finding those parts.....

I can't afford a new $70K boat every year so I gotta keep what I got and getting the parts to maintain it is important, to me anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast