Mercury 150 4 stroke CPO

I have a chance to get a 2016 merc 150 4 stroke CPO motor for about $2500 off a new one but it only comes with 1 year warranty. Does anyone have any experience with these. Pros,cons ECT?

2. Banned
    I don't know the price quoted to you but we can buy the 150 FourStroke less controls for about $10.5k new.

3. Member
    I had a CPO quoted for 8k so about a 2500 savings trying to get more info on them

Why only one year warranty? Is that just the remainder of the factory warranty. I’d be OK with it assuming hours are reasonable. Is purchasing extended warranty an option?
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Why only one year warranty? Is that just the remainder of the factory warranty. I’d be OK with it assuming hours are reasonable. Is purchasing extended warranty an option?
    My understanding is it’s a motor that was sent back to Mercury and fixed then is being resold. I think the motor is a 2016 but the computer will show 0 hours. You can buy more warranty but it will cost almost as much as just going new.
    I might just call mercury.

If you're worried about it, buy a new one. I wouldn't blink an eye though. The 3L Four Stokes are a VERY dependable and Mercury has completely gone through it for it to be Certified.

7. Member
    According the Mercury website the CPO engines and lower units come with one year limited warranty and the option to purchase an additional two years of Mercury Product Protection.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    According the Mercury website the CPO engines and lower units come with one year limited warranty and the option to purchase an additional two years of Mercury Product Protection.
    This is correct. CPO meaning "Certified Pre-Owned" (and the Product Protection that is available is also called "CPO Coverage").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor