Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Grand lake is hot!

Fished Wednesday for 4 hours and caught prob 50-60. A lot of short fish but I did manager a limit with ease. Fun fished yesterday for 2 hours and prob caught 35-40 and several toads that I just wasn’t in the mood to clean! Will be back this coming Tuesday for some more!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Nice box of slabs.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

I grew up catching crappie off our dock at Grand in Honey Creek. We were in the back of a cove with points on either side. Dad used to hang cane poles all around the dock. In the spring, it was quite the fiasco to keep up with all of them.

Fished the Horse Creek bridge many times.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post

I grew up catching crappie off our dock at Grand in Honey Creek. We were in the back of a cove with points on either side. Dad used to hang cane poles all around the dock. In the spring, it was quite the fiasco to keep up with all of them.

Fished the Horse Creek bridge many times.
    Grand is an awesome lake! I actually work for the grand river dam authority. I’m at the Kerr dam facility , but have to be familiar with both Hudson and grand for what I do.

5. Member
    If you don't mind, how would a guy go about catching some fish on tenkiller right now. Got a boat now with a pretty good graph and haven't crappie fished in several years out of a boat when they weren't spawning and up on the bank. What should I look for and throw at them. Thanks
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    If your graph has side imaging which I’m sure it does I’d use it on every dock there to find fish. Toss or pitch up into the dock and I’d be willing to bet you can catch some fish. I am an hour from tenkiller but aside from going to the dam I have never fished it.

7. Member
    Thank you sir, I will try that. Yes I do have side imaging, but still trying to figure the dang thing out.
    04 Ranger 520VX
    17 Mercury 225 Pro XS

8. Member
    Youtube is your friend.
    To decipher your electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Grand is an awesome lake! I actually work for the grand river dam authority. I’m at the Kerr dam facility , but have to be familiar with both Hudson and grand for what I do.
    Need to fish Hudson when the crappie are spawning up in the river. I guess those fish get all they want to eat and plenty of exercise fighting the current. Some amazing size and strength. We doodle-sock the laid down timber and brush jams.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

10. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Here's a pic of Dad and I - Honey Creek at our dock - circa 1962.

Papa1.JPG

11. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorntonk View Post
    Thank you sir, I will try that. Yes I do have side imaging, but still trying to figure the dang thing out.
    As mentioned by rude150 get on youtube. Tons and tons of videos to help out on learning your electronics. Let us know how it works out for you! I have a buddy thats been wanting to go try and catch some smallmouth on tenkiller.

12. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Need to fish Hudson when the crappie are spawning up in the river. I guess those fish get all they want to eat and plenty of exercise fighting the current. Some amazing size and strength. We doodle-sock the laid down timber and brush jams.
    I also Fish lake hudson on the regular. I fish a lot of jackpots on hudson.

13. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Here's a pic of Dad and I - Honey Creek at our dock - circa 1962.

Thats Awesome!!! HoneyCreek is a pretty area for sure. I drove over honeycreek bridge Thursday going to HoneyCreek outdoors to buy some tackle.

14. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Up in the river..the old RR columns.. first island on the left past those columns...won a bunch of money off that island.

15. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Up in the river..the old RR columns.. first island on the left past those columns...won a bunch of money off that island.
    Yep. I have been stuck on top of one of the columns in a boat with a buddy who wasnt familiar. His champion was blown on it from the wind and it stopped us midway

16. Member
    My wife torments the crappie from our dock in Ghost Hollow.......she's a much better crappie fisherman than me.
    I'm relegated to the fillet knife!! LOL She takes after her Pop that was one of the best!! LOL
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

17. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    My wife torments the crappie from our dock in Ghost Hollow.......she's a much better crappie fisherman than me.
    I'm relegated to the fillet knife!! LOL She takes after her Pop that was one of the best!! LOL
    Thats awesome. My wife is a pretty good stick as well when it comes to crappie.

18. Member