Thread: Tulsa boat show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tulsa boat show

Will any dealers have the charger elite models at this show next week?

2. Banned
    Big Mac Marine might not sure if they bought a booth or not. Not many bass boats at the Tulsa boat show.

3. Member
    Theres at least 1 there, I saw a 210 in the expo parking lot from Big Macs this week.

4. Member
    There are 2 . A little expensive for a 15 year old design and nothing special added. I was a little disappointed in the Phoenix boats the fit and finish was not what I was expecting to seeing they looked like a dated stratus ,actually the nitros look like they have stepped it up a bit. The Rangers and tritons looked like they were clean and well trimmed . I've never been a skeeter fan but they looked like they were well finished .so many of the big pontoons were already sold there was on that looked to be 30 feet long looked like there were 8 couches on it
    1 thing I noticed the legends and the Phoenix didn't have any 2018 catalogs they were 2017 models does this mean Johnny is going to change things?

5. Member
    As Gambler4 said, there are 2 of 210 elites. One looks to be someone's rig & the other is brand new.
    Got to meet Kelly Powers today & he said he would be there Saturday & Sunday also.
    At first sight of the 210 I was like this is it, but you can add more options than what is being shown at the show.
    After talking with Kelly for over an hour, I think I would buy a 210 or 198 elite. Also, sounds like a loaded 198 elite won't be a lot less than the 210.

The above statement about the 210 hull being 15yr old design got me thinking. What can change in a hull design from, what some have said, is one of the best designs ever. I'm looking for a stable, fast, fishable hull. Do I expect to have the hull write its name in the water, no. Do I expect it to stay on plane at rest? I can't imagine what a greater hull design would do.

As far as "nothing special added"? What about, just to name a few: heated seats, built in trolling tray, night vision camera, 7" Carbon w/total scan and a 10" jack plate. Besides those mentioned there is the new cap design: individual day boxes, rod tubes 24 in all, all tucked and trimmed carpet and a locker bar instead of locks. I don't think you can find an equivalent deal, but to be honest I haven't looked.
    I got nothin

7. Member
    .??
    added extras?
    a trolling motor tray ? Those have been std in boats for let's say 15 years
    heated seats? Those were offered as accesories in other brands and nobody ordered them so they were dropped
    a 10 and a7 locater most models come with at least 1 12 inch and a 9 as std now
    a jack plate is std on most models have been for 10 years
    if you want to buy a old design thats great but the one I looked at was a $77,000 boat on show special for $74,000
    you can buy a skeeter or triton with more goodies for $10,000 less .for $77k you can buy a ranger the legend was 74 the 20 foot pheonix was 70k

8. Member
    I like the 210 better than anything else out there, none of the others look any different the past 15 years either! Fished out of my friends 17 skeeter , it was Ok, but I would rather have the 210 myself.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    If a champion hull has the best ride why can’t it demand the highest price if you want a cavalier than you can save money but it’s not
    a Cadillac.The best has always been expensive no matter what the product is.

Quote Originally Posted by gambler4 View Post
    .??
    added extras?
    a trolling motor tray ? Those have been std in boats for let's say 15 years
    heated seats? Those were offered as accesories in other brands and nobody ordered them so they were dropped
    a 10 and a7 locater most models come with at least 1 12 inch and a 9 as std now
    a jack plate is std on most models have been for 10 years
    if you want to buy a old design thats great but the one I looked at was a $77,000 boat on show special for $74,000
    you can buy a skeeter or triton with more goodies for $10,000 less .for $77k you can buy a ranger the legend was 74 the 20 foot pheonix was 70k
    As I said, "I haven't looked".
    I got nothin

11. Member
    Went to the show today and talked to Kelly for an hour or so. The boats they had there were bada$$. Excited about what charger is doing and can’t wait to see the 198. Good things coming from charger and in my opinion there wasn’t a nicer boat there than the 210.

12. Banned
    The only improvements that have been made to boats in the last 10-15 years is the materials and process. Yeah they've tweaked this and tweaked that but they're still the same hulls. Dan

13. Member
    Why would they have it priced at $77k when there are 3 of them on here for less than $60k?

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Why would they have it priced at $77k when there are 3 of them on here for less than $60k?

I guess for the same reason that I was quoted $59k for a 198 with only a hull, motor & trailer. Mystery prices, every time you ask, it’s a mystery at the number they throw out. Then you’ll see them posted by dealers for $15k less.

15. Member
    Sounds like some dealers are trying to cash in on a hot item to me.

16. Member
    Retail on that boat was 77k with all upgrades and add Ina. It was marked down to 65k. It was a dealer demo though.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Just take your check book write what you are willing to pay see what happens.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Just take your check book write what you are willing to pay see what happens.

When I write a check for what the boat is really worth, they will do this .

19. Member
    [QUOTE=grout

^^^^ This

20. Member
    Thank you to everyone that stopped by our booth to check out the new Charger 210 Elite's. We are scheduling demo rides now. Give us a call or send a PM so you can ride before you buy the best bass boat being built today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast