Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am talking 2d. di, and si images on the screen. Not maps, GPS, Processor speed etc.

I have been using an A98 Raymarine and like it. I mainly use the split screen 2d/di. Both are very good and I know and trust what i'm lookin at. Di is best I have seen for showing fish. Structure and bottom are kinda blurry tho. I have the Si add on and it is just OK and blurry like the di.

From what I have seen here, the Axiom images are not much better than the A98. I have no Axiom experience and could be wrong.

I just got a Helix Mega and am still playin with settings. First impression is the Si is pretty impressive. Much better than any other brand I have seen. Di is very good but does not show fish as well as the Ray. 2d with the HB is not great but I have a lot of setting adjustments to play with to improve it.

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Ok pet peeve time, it’s down vision or side vision on the Raymarine

3. Member
    No pet peeve on my part. Raymarine seems like a very well built unit, allot of positives but Raymarine seems to be behind in image quality.

4. Member
    Did I break something with my last post? Was hoping to generate some additional screenshots. Come on, there has to be others on here besides Hickory and Jig who have screenshots.

5. Member
    The 2d and DI are much better on the Raymarines than the birds. SI is better on the birds. I have pics of the 2d and di side by side for comparison. Pm me a number and I'll text them for you to post.

6. Member
    Why can't you post them?

7. Member
    Haven't taken the time to figure out the new system for posting. I texted some to chief brody

8. Member

9. Member
    APS’s

10. Member
    Thanks for posting, your images look nice. Really hard to see how the Helix and Raymarine compare in the one picture, yes I see a fish on the Ray that I don't see on the Helix. Was this a Gen 1 Helix or Mega? Would really love seeing more images from all diffrent units showing both fish and structure. Again thanks for posting, your images look really good.

11. Member
    https://ibb.co/mUoApy this is a helix 12 GN2 side by side with a A128. The Raymarine is on auto settings and the bird sensitivity is turned up and still doesn't show near as much. No comparison on 2d and down.

12. Member
    Thanks, still not sure if the Bird was a Mega

13. Member
    Look at HB down widow. Zoom in. Look at left corner, down. It is possible to see 1150-1.275 Mhz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-9 Live, 3D , Elite FS , Lowrance 360 Vision, Activetarget , Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI G3, Humminbird Mega 360 , Garmin Echomap & Livescope
    Volzhanka 46F, Yamaha 60 hp

14. Banned
    You’re using high chirp 2d on the humminbird which has less coverage. It’s impossible to see what freq you are using in the other unit. Di returns look similar, but without knowing anything about transducer installs, settings,etc, it’s impossible to compaire apples to apples. You should also adjust your mega freq to ping the full range. That being said, 2d has never been a strength of humminbird. It’s much improved though, especially if you use the new low q di transducer.
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 07-06-2018 at 11:02 AM.

I need to get a better full screen of this on the HB at a proper speed.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MonteSS; 07-06-2018 at 11:26 PM.

keep posting the images

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

17. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Well taking everything into consideration, for me it boils down to the Raymarine simplicity.

From having them on my last 5 boats, I have never had issues with interference. Menu and ease of use if much easier. I have never had to replace a unit to have the latest and greatest, it’s either a software change or a module to add.

I have had issues with a screen but sent it off and had it back within a week TN to CT.

They also give support on their stuff 10 years after it goes out of production, you see folks still looking for and buying and selling the older c80 units for the autopilots and radar.

Can I get a better picture or an image on another unit, maybe but I have no issues with seeing what I’m looking for on my units. I’m not going to spend time bent over my bow changing settings for a better image, so seeing fish arches, limbs and rocks in auto works great for me.

With the Axiom fast boot up and tablet like function I will continue to run Raymarine, and when the fishing slows down I’ll watch a movie on Netflix

18. Banned
    All that stuff is really great but imo it all comes down to images. Side and down image quality was the only reason I ever left garmin. Everything else about the units was outstanding. You can have all the cool features in the world but if your images suck people won’t buy it.

19. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    All that stuff is really great but imo it all comes down to images. Side and down image quality was the only reason I ever left garmin. Everything else about the units was outstanding. You can have all the cool features in the world but if your images suck people won’t buy it.

You have to be the only sales rep I have ever seen to only push one product out of their entire product line.

20. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Oh and you forgot to remove your BOE siggy this time!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast