Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Why are you guys running a Bravo 1XS instead of a Bravo 1FS on a Yamaha SHO? You don't need the extra venting of the XS ? Most need to plug the extra 1" holes in the XS because of too much venting with the tourque of the SHO. With the 1FS you would only have the PVS holes too worry about. I believe that between the FS and XS that is the only difference. Correct me if I'm wrong....

2. Member
    Probably because there are a lot more used xs to try?

3. Member
    1 - XS is the one Rothwell had in stock and Marty made me hell of a deal

2 - If it hadn't worked well or I didnt like it, it's easier to sell the XS to Mercy guys

3 - Is very easy to plug all 8 holes

But mainly number 2!
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHRG View Post
    Probably because there are a lot more used xs to try?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    1 - XS is the one Rothwell had in stock and Marty made me hell of a deal

2 - If it hadn't worked well or I didnt like it, it's easier to sell the XS to Mercy guys

3 - Is very easy to plug all 8 holes

But mainly number 2!

6. Member
    Anyone flash a 200 SHO?

7. Member
    Bunch of people have..flash it to a 300...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelZ View Post
    Anyone flash a 200 SHO?
    A guy I work with did. He flashed to a 250 on his bay boat and has been running it a while. Can't remember his numbers but it helped him a good bit

9. Member
    Anyone running an Flashed SHO with a Vmax 27 T-1 prop? I have a vented one that the vents have been welded closed. Wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Running a 27 T1 on mine but its ventless. Not enough time on it to say how it compares to my Fury 26 4 blade. The Fury is impressive.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

11. Member
    My 27 T-1 is ventless because like I said the vents have been welded closed

12. Member
    Ran a T1-27 that was working by Croxton...did not create enough lift for my taste..I,m tells no you guys, IMO the Bravo 1 XS is best out there

13. Banned
    well I run the 27 t one and a 29 t 1 in the winter months .. and have tried hydromotives , bravo xs and without a doubt the Yamaha props are the best on my application... heres a quick look.

14. Member
    Looks like they run well on your boat..not sure what your boat/motor combo is, but most of our Phoenix boats/motors are running around 5900-6200 rpm, not the 6500 plus you are...makes a big difference on prop choice.

15. Banned
    Looks like they run well on your boat..not sure what your boat/motor combo is, but most of our Phoenix boats/motors are running around 5900-6200 rpm, not the 6500 plus you are...makes a big difference on prop choice.
    OH I'm sorry falconpilot; I have a 22ft sterling bass boat weights in at 2000lbs its has a 250 sho flashed by wayne.. hopes this sheds some light on this for you.

16. Member
    No light needed jr...I'm sure that Yamaha's are best for your boat as we can see that it clearly runs! ....but LIKE I mentioned, a lot of us didn't raise our limiters and aren't turning our motors 6500+ and lift needed for different boats vary......and that does make a huge difference of prop choice...so whatever I said that got a burr under your saddle, I hope it comes loose soon...
    Last edited by falconpilot; 04-23-2018 at 08:51 PM.

17. Banned
    No light needed jr...I'm sure that Yamaha's are best for your boat as we can see that it clearly runs! ....but LIKE I mentioned, a lot of us didn't raise our limiters and aren't turning our motors 6500+ and lift needed for different boats vary......and that does make a huge difference of prop choice...so whatever I said that got a burr under your saddle, I hope it comes loose soon...
    LOL There's no burr under my saddle. my boat is fast enough and handles great.very happy with the outcome of waynes flash. reading your commit you stated you didn't know what kind of boat i had or motor. so i just thought you wanted to know. lol

18. Member
    jrbritt,

I didn't know, so thanks for info...I did know that its damn fast!!!! Makes me want to raise my limiter...

Jim

19. Member
    Bad news to report! I sent my ECM to be flashed over the winter. I installed it and went to the lake yesterday because ice is finally out. I believe someone made a mistake because I didn't gain ANYTHING! Same set up as before flash and I am running exact same speed and rpm! I think someone forgot to actually install the flash on my ECM. I'm pretty perturbed to say the least. I will call them Monday and find out where we go from here.

Keep us posted man. Hope you get it resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Bad news to report! I sent my ECM to be flashed over the winter. I installed it and went to the lake yesterday because ice is finally out. I believe someone made a mistake because I didn't gain ANYTHING! Same set up as before flash and I am running exact same speed and rpm! I think someone forgot to actually install the flash on my ECM. I'm pretty perturbed to say the least. I will call them Monday and find out where we go from here.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast