Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    That sounds pretty solid. I think going to a 26 T-1 would be the ticket. It should get your rpm down to around 6000 or just over. One would think another 2 mph is a good possibility!

2. Member
    I was also told the 26 FXP is a great performer on the flashed SHO as well

3. Member
    Ran a stock 26 T1 today. Bought the rpm's down to 6130, and the speed down to 76.2...Prop doesn't lift quite as well as the 25 T2. I was a little surprised by these results as I expected the 26 T1 to add a few mph instead of losing them..numbers game I guess as a matter of rpm's...

If I'm running fast by myself, the 26 is the ticket to keep me from over rev'ing the motor...loaded it seems the 25T2 is the way to go..things will change when I install the Lithiums..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

Try a 25p TXP OT4 if you can find one. Will be faster than the T1 and T2 props. Also try a Solas Scorpion, I have 2 of them and they are fast. They run about 2 pitches stiffer than a normal prop though so take that into consideration when ordering.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    Try a 25p TXP OT4 if you can find one. Will be faster than the T1 and T2 props. Also try a Solas Scorpion, I have 2 of them and they are fast. They run about 2 pitches stiffer than a normal prop though so take that into consideration when ordering.
    T BOB WHAT PROPS ARE STIFFER THE TXP OR THE SOLAS SCORPION ?? OR ARE BOTH BRANDS STIFFER THAN THE YAMAHA PROPS????

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    T BOB WHAT PROPS ARE STIFFER THE TXP OR THE SOLAS SCORPION ?? OR ARE BOTH BRANDS STIFFER THAN THE YAMAHA PROPS????
    The Scorpion is quite a bit stiffer than the TXP. I find the TXP is about 1 pitch stiffer than say a T-1 but the Scorpion is definitely 2 pitches stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    The Scorpion is quite a bit stiffer than the TXP. I find the TXP is about 1 pitch stiffer than say a T-1 but the Scorpion is definitely 2 pitches stiff.
    Exactly what WPC3 said.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

8. Banned
    ARE YOU RUNNING THE 28 PITCH SOLAS SCORPION??? IF SO WHAT RPM'S AND GPS ##????

I have a 28p and a 27p. I ran them out of the box but they were a little too much prop. I sent them to Holeshot Propeller and had him cut them down from 15.125 dia to 14.75 dia.
    Now I run the 28p in winter and the 27p in the hot summer months.
    Havent really pushed it to max yet but I can turn my 28p in winter to 87-88 easy at around 59-6000 rpms with 2 aboard. Im sure it will get to 90 but I haven't had a chase boat around to try and push it yet. Yes I know, Im getting soft as I get older...
    Xpress X19/200SHO

10. Member
    Well...Run one of Mark Croxton Razor 4's today. 25p....boat is brutal from hotshot to Topend..step on the hotfoot, pushes you back into step strong...super power and acceleration all the way to max rpm...great lift, but only got it to 74.4 today because I stopped at 6300rmp...engine was still digging when I back out..these prop completely elimated any chine walk as well. 1/2 tank gas, 2-240 lbs guys, 1/2 full live wells and full gear...I'm thinking Marks 26 is going to be best of all worlds..

11. Member
    Anyone know where I can buy a Turbo FXP OT4 25"?

Thanks

12. Member
    What about the Turbo FXP 3 blade props? No one running them?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbritt View Post
    ARE YOU RUNNING THE 28 PITCH SOLAS SCORPION??? IF SO WHAT RPM'S AND GPS ##????
    No. I run a 27 pitch. Before power poles it would run 87 at 5900. Now I’m down to 55-5600at 83/84. That’s full tournament load 2 people.

14. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    No. I run a 27 pitch. Before power poles it would run 87 at 5900. Now I’m down to 55-5600at 83/84. That’s full tournament load 2 people.
    You ever feel like getting out and pushing at that speed?? Hahaaahhahahahaha!

Sorry just could not help myself!!! LOL

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    You ever feel like getting out and pushing at that speed?? Hahaaahhahahahaha!

Sorry just could not help myself!!! LOL
    Yeah I know its not 90-100 like some, but I don't care no one has passed me yet in over 400 hours of running. Let me know when that black POS hits 400hrs.

16. Banned
    Yeah I know its not 90-100 like some, but I don't care no one has passed me yet in over 400 hours of running. Let me know when that Black POS MERCURY hits 400hrs.
    NOW THATS FUNNY.... LOL

17. Member
    Ran worked Fury 26 3 blade...run worst of any I've tried..couldn't get motor high enough to get any lift, over spun it and it fell on its face about 70...topped out at 73...terrible prop on the motor setup..

Big surprise as I borrowed a buddies Bravo XS 27... best prop I've tried so far!! Tons of lift, punch the throttle anywhere from idle to full throttle and get sets you back into seat! Can't blow it out, even at 50 mph full hard turns..blasts out of hole! Matched my best top speed of 79.8 with one person, full load...with two of us, ran 77...prop also handles as well as Razor 4, maybe a little better..hardly any chine...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Ran worked Fury 26 3 blade...run worst of any I've tried..couldn't get motor high enough to get any lift, over spun it and it fell on its face about 70...topped out at 73...terrible prop on the motor setup..

Big surprise as I borrowed a buddies Bravo XS 27... best prop I've tried so far!! Tons of lift, punch the throttle anywhere from idle to full throttle and get sets you back into seat! Can't blow it out, even at 50 mph full hard turns..blasts out of hole! Matched my best top speed of 79.8 with one person, full load...with two of us, ran 77...prop also handles as well as Razor 4, maybe a little better..hardly any chine...
    The bravo is a good prop. I ran one on my 721. The only negative I had with it was the rough water ride. It wasn't near as soft as the t1. My buddy even said something after one trip with it. I think it actually kept the nose glued down to good. That baby would hit mid 70s like nothing though and it would do it real quick

19. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Yeah I know its not 90-100 like some, but I don't care no one has passed me yet in over 400 hours of running. Let me know when that black POS hits 400hrs.
    I have never put that many hours on any motor!!! LOL!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    I have never put that many hours on any motor!!! LOL!!
    Lmao I know. You should try and keep one for a while.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast