Water exit hole (lee hole)

Does the Suzuki 250 SS sometimes not have water coming out of the pee hole (as most of us call it)?

2. Member
    I believe water comes out of it full time when the motor is running. If not, sounds like you might have an issue with your water pump.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    What year is your motor?

4. Banned
    Once you start it it takes about 30sec. Then it should pee the whole time engine is running.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Once you start it it takes about 30sec. Then it should pee the whole time engine is running.
    Needs to have it's prostate checked

6. Member
    Mine is a 2017. I look back quite a bit and it's not peeing. Engine temperature and water pressure is fine according to my dash screen. No alarms going off. I've been told that this engine would just shut down before overheating or allowing anything catastrophic to happen to it. I've heard spinnerbait wire or paperclip around the hole is worth a try? Any other suggestions?

7. Member
    My motor is a 2017 as well. The only thing I can think of is that mud dabbers might've plugged your lee hole. I would hook up a water hose and back flush you motor and ensure that it's not plugged. BTW, did you ever figure out why it wouldn't start?
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

8. Member
    Ok will do. I GUESS the starting issue is fixed. I'm sure next time I go to lake to fish it will show itself again. I've emailed my specific ideas and situation to the people I would like to be my warranty work people. I'm pretty patient but they just haven't responded to much at all. There are only two options and both are just under 50 miles away. So I'll take peanuts. I knew the authorized dealer issue was going to be an issue when I purchased the boat. I'll hook up to a hose this weekend. An alarm would sound or engine would shut down if there was an issue wouldn't it? This thing is brand freaking new to me.

9. Banned
    Don't know where Sellersberg is , but there is suppose to be a good Suzuki mechanic in Monticello IN.

10. Member
    That's over 3 hours away but thanks. The 2 authorized Suzuki dealers are both almost exactly 50 miles away. One is in Indiana other Kentucky.

11. Member
    Mine plugs up super easy. Any amount of running through weeds clogs it up. As long as my water pressure is good I just run it. It eventually clears itself most of the time if not, I hook the hose up to it and that blasts it out. I quit looking at it because I run through lots of weeds so mine is clogged a lot, just watch water pressure.

12. Member
    Yep plugged. Stick a small something in the hole. Mine plugged once on me. Don't know how.

13. Member
    So it sounds like that if I ran a while before noticing it wasn't peeing, and no alarm sounded and everything otherwise ran completely normal, I should not worry about it. Make sure it starts peeing, but put it behind me. I haven't ran it in any weedy lakes or where anything at all is floating around. Just clear deep highland lakes.

14. Scraps
    I got tricked onmy XS when winterizing. There are a couple holes on the front of the cone that need to be taped over to get water out the telltale hole.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

15. Member
    I purchased some weed eater line that fit in the tube for my 150SS. It works great and I just keep it in my console.
    1998 Gambler Outlaw with a 2019 Suzuki 200SS, Ultrex Trolling motor with 360 imaging, two Helix 10's at the bow and two Helix 10's at the helm, and a custom Amera Trail trailer with Gator-Bak bunks on it!

16. Member
    +1 on using the weed whacker line. Great 'tool" for this use.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open