Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    Ask North Korea how they like it...
    Are you sure you want to use them as an example? Think about it

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Renegotiate or trash nafta is a start. China is a bit stickier problem due to the bending over by the past four administrations. The good news is that we likely have the greatest mind ever in that position now and quite frankly succeeding more YUGELY than anyone could ever imagine. Just goes to show how terrible the past four have been!
    Trying to comprehend this post is like clapping with one hand.

3. Banned
    I have seen that somewhere before. Didn't make sense then and still doesn't. Who would try and clap with one hand or better yet who would know what it is like

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Are you sure you want to use them as an example? Think about it
    I think it makes some of these guys sad that we don't have to kiss the butt of China and Mexico now.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Partie Deux View Post
    Really? That really stings because I usually buy a new washer and dryer every three to four days...
    Its gonna wipe out all my $6000 in savings, guess I’ll quit the washer of the week club.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

6. Member
    Let's see, who benefits from higher gas/oil prices: Saudi Arabia, Russia and US domestic producers (Texas, Oklahoma, Alaska) and shareholders of oil stocks. What do they all have in common, friends of Trump. Pass a big corporate tax cut and a modest break for all citizens (but heavily weighted to the rich) then raise gas prices which hit the middle class (especially the working guy and farmers). Yes it may be a conspiracy theory but you can usually follow the money. Happy for you guys in the oil and gas industry but it sucks for the rest of us.

Hey that's my line.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    Let's see, who benefits from higher gas/oil prices: Saudi Arabia, Russia and US domestic producers (Texas, Oklahoma, Alaska) and shareholders of oil stocks. What do they all have in common, friends of Trump. Pass a big corporate tax cut and a modest break for all citizens (but heavily weighted to the rich) then raise gas prices which hit the middle class (especially the working guy and farmers). Yes it may be a conspiracy theory but you can usually follow the money. Happy for you guys in the oil and gas industry but it sucks for the rest of us.
    Lol. I would ask everyone to research who were buying out the little start ups during zero, I'm positive you will see OPEC all over it because zero sold them out by devastating regulations. You can bet on OPEC taking your clean air and water seriously

9. Member
    Feb 2014 the average was 3.45.

Give the Trump deal a break.

10. Banned

I can't wait for Trump to call me and ask me to dinner at the Whitehouse since I own a few shares of Exxon Mobil...You know, since we are friends...

11. Banned

Yes it sucks for us (I live in Texas and it still sucks for me) and yes that’s a total conspiracy theory that I doubt.

I also own Exxon stock and the higher oil prices still suck.

12. Member
    Listen to Cramer folks. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/23/cram...soon-peak.html
    It’s a supply & demand scenario, purely economics. US production is zooming. Invest.

13. Member
    When gas goes up it does and will hurt the economy,people have to pull back on certain things just to pay for gas.

14. Member
    It won't help around here. That's for sure.

15. Member
    If fuel jumps .20 a gallon and your vehicle averages 17 MPG, and you drive 15,000 miles per year you'll spend an extra 176.47 in fuel that year.

http://calcnexus.com/fuel-cost-calcu...mpg2=17&calc=1

It's the effect on everything else oil cost touch that really cost us if the prices stay up.

I will say it's been decades since I really waited in lines or saw a fuel ration in America.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Feb 2014 the average was 3.45.

Give the Trump deal a break.
    Nice job of picking one month to support your argument. The average price for 2015 was $2.45. The real point is that a tax cut that is accompanied by an increase in the cost of living does not change anything. Higher gas prices, higher interest rates, inflation and a weaker dollar usually hurts the working class disproportionately. There will be some winners and the stock market will rise but the wealth gap will unfortunately continue to grow.

17. Banned
    Oil companies have been raising the price as long as they could, what you are posting is just mere coincidence. It was going up anyways. Boat sales are better than they have been in years, perfect time to raise those prices on oil too.

I’m about half tempted to get rid of my diesel truck and go back to gasoline, my mileage in it’s horrible. At least the maintenance will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    If fuel jumps .20 a gallon and your vehicle averages 17 MPG, and you drive 15,000 miles per year you'll spend an extra 176.47 in fuel that year.

http://calcnexus.com/fuel-cost-calcu...mpg2=17&calc=1

It's the effect on everything else oil cost touch that really cost us if the prices stay up.

I will say it's been decades since I really waited in lines or saw a fuel ration in America.
    So I won’t have to cash in my 401k to still go on vacation ?? That can’t be true

19. Member
    Yes it will slow economy down.
    Praying for a Cure

20. Member
    I don't see why everyone is happy to pay 2.50 a gallon. yes it could be worse but 2$ a gallon is a lot better. trucks and Suvs are starting to be popular again, it will start to hurt the sales on those things which will effect a lot of people. its all chain reaction. im in the rail car business high gas prices usually help with railcars from what I told, but I would still rather have cheaper gas.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast