Finally Warming up a bit...

With a little warmer weather recently, I fired up the grill to make my Stuffed, bacon wrapped chicken breasts.... I posted this a few years ago.. I highly recommend it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Repost the recipe PLEEEEAAAASSSSE.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Repost the recipe PLEEEEAAAASSSSE.
    i agree that looks good!!1

You want to start with chicken breasts that are not too large if they're too big you're not going to be able to wrap them very well.
    Butterfly the chicken breast so you open it up like a book. No holes, that's very important. So be careful that you don't cut too deep.
    Season the inside of the chicken breast with garlic powder salt and pepper. I like to add some hot sauce as well but that's up to you.
    I stuff the chicken breast with Swiss cheese and an aged cheddar, equal parts. I also chop up some green onions and add those as well.
    Roll everything up as tight as you can.
    Now with some good quality bacon you want to wrap the chicken breasts 100% covered. You can see how I also wrap it lengthwise so the ends are covered as well. I use bamboo skewers cut up in pieces to hold everything in place. Several pieces! It is recommended to let the bacon come up to room temperature before you wrap. It is just easier and it stretches to give you more coverage.
    Now you want to grill on a low heat. You got to watch it, you don't want the bacon to start flaming up or you'll end up with a black piece of charred bacon covered chicken.lol. Low and slow is the best method. You can use a meat thermometer to check to see if it's cooked inside but I find when you first see the cheese start to ooze out it is normally an indication that everything is cooked through. But make sure you wrap the chicken breasts very very well with the bacon so everything stays in there that's the key. Pick some bacon that is even and consistent, free of irregularities... That makes it easier.. I like Farmland Thick Cut...
    Last edited by KCLOST; 02-02-2018 at 07:18 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

I forgot to add that I will baste every now and then with Teriyaki sauce... Good luck..
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Looks great