Gonna Pull the Trigger

I liked the Thule Hullavator, but didn't want to spend a grand to lift an 800 dollar yak. I found this by Malone, should take the awkwardness out of car-topping. With the Cabelas points I accrued last year i will only be out about $250 for this setup. I already have the roof-hooks, just need to order the lift bars. Also, now I can get 2 yaks on the roof.

25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

2. Member
    Get the hullavator used on Craigslist... Which is what I did... Then I sold it after a couple years. It was great when my back was injured. Now I just put up my kayak on my FJ roof with aftermarket crossbars. I then strap it down.

The hullavator was nice, but big & bulky and I had to take them off and store them. It was more work in the end as now, I just use crossbars, u bolts, and straps. All of that stay with the such 24/7 and I can put my kayak on and off easy. My largest kayak about 80lbs with gear I keep inside of it.
    Last edited by jaimeastin; 01-24-2018 at 03:28 AM.

3. Member
    Hullavator

Without hullavator which I still use today. I made both sides of the Thule cossbars the ok hrfites with u bolts. I have two kayaks on there now.

I looked at the Malone solution and I had the hullavator... If you can carry your kayak, this is the better solution to me.

Cool videos.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Well, done deal. It's on the way. I'll post pics when I get it installed.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

6. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    FYI, I have my Hullavator Pro for sale if anyone is interested (I have not listed it anywhere) . I think shipping fees will kill me but it's only been used 4 or 5 times. I loved the Hobie and the Hullavator helped tremendously but I have a fake shoulder and am getting ready to get the other one replaced so any lifting for me is over. PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by sgt93; 02-12-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

7. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt93 View Post
    FYI, I have my Hullavator Pro for sale if anyone is interested (I have not listed it anywhere) . I think shipping fees will kill me but it's only been used 4 or 5 times. I loved the Hobie and the Hullavator helped tremendously but I have a fake shoulder and am getting ready to get the other one replaced so any lifting for me is over. PM me if you are interested.
    I missed this post. I just ordered Thule mounts, aeroblade bars, and hullavators for two fishing kayaks for my 4Runner. If you post your hullavator kayak lift assist on craigslist, it should go pretty fast.

8. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    I missed this post. I just ordered Thule mounts, aeroblade bars, and hullavators for two fishing kayaks for my 4Runner. If you post your hullavator kayak lift assist on craigslist, it should go pretty fast.
    I am not a fan of dealing with the craigslist crowd, but will probably list it when I get back from vacation. I will probably list on here first.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

Well, I got it installed yesterday. Try to ignore the dirty truck, we've had a dry winter and it just got warm enough to wash cars. Anyway, it works just as advertised and I am very pleased. I wouldn't want to use it with something heavier tho. You still have to lift the yak up to the hooks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Well, we're getting a foot of wet snow right now so my truck will be clean.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat