2017 Lund Renegade 1875

I know nothing about this boat. People that have this boat or the Lund brand, give me some reasons I should buy this boat. I am also looking at the Tracker 190 and Triton 18TX. Thanks.

Looks like a good boat to me. Drafts really shallow and has great options and storage. It's a lund so you can feel good about that. If I lived somewhere with friendlier weather I would have bought it instead of the Pro V bass.
    Lund 1875 Pro V Bass XS
    Mercury Verado 200 hp

3. Member
    I just ordered a 2018 renegade with merc 115 should be in by march hopefully.

4. Member
    Well,
    The 1875 will be better at handling tough water. 25” transom with more of a vee hull and an insane amount of storage.

I had an older pro team. 190TX and t was a great boat for smaller lakes but I was never comfortable in larger bodies of water where the river can go from glass to 3 footers in 10 minutes.

Truth be told, if I were to buy another tin boat, the only boats I’d look at are the 1875 and 2075 Pro V bass. Both in the XS models.’

5. Member
    He is asking about the rengade. It is a mod V model very similar to the triton that he is asking about.

6. Banned
    It's a Lund. Reason enough

I have it but I don't have a lot of other experience with bass boats since it is only my second boat and my first was a 14 foot lowe sea nymph which had a v hull, therefore I can't compare to others. What I can tell you from the 5 or 6 times I was able to take it out before the ice is:

- Its a nice ride, I don't live where there is a lot of rough water but driving that boat around feels rock solid. The steering is easy, it tracks in a straight line, and the 115 pro xs four stroke makes hardly any noise
    - Huge fishing area. Both decks are big, I think because the console is located pretty central in the boat. It doesn't seem any smaller than my tourney partner's Nitro Z21 even though it obviously must be a little smaller
    - Storage is a tough one for me to compare given the boat I owned before it, but I don't see any shortage of room to put things. Can hold up to 8 or 9 foot rods I believe. Might be 9'
    - Build quality is great. Has a track system around the inside of the rails that you can put attachments on, and it has cool little features like factory installed LED lights on the bow and stern which you can see on in my picture
    - Price is competitive. I know its a Lund, but I payed a very reasonable price for mine which I bet is equal to or less than the price of the competition. You just have to work with your dealer.

That's most of what I've learned about it so far, but If I think of other things or you have any questions I might be able to help.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N
    Dual Power Pole 8' Blades

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeBassin View Post
    I have it but I don't have a lot of other experience with bass boats since it is only my second boat and my first was a 14 foot lowe sea nymph which had a v hull, therefore I can't compare to others. What I can tell you from the 5 or 6 times I was able to take it out before the ice is:

- Its a nice ride, I don't live where there is a lot of rough water but driving that boat around feels rock solid. The steering is easy, it tracks in a straight line, and the 115 pro xs four stroke makes hardly any noise
    - Huge fishing area. Both decks are big, I think because the console is located pretty central in the boat. It doesn't seem any smaller than my tourney partner's Nitro Z21 even though it obviously must be a little smaller
    - Storage is a tough one for me to compare given the boat I owned before it, but I don't see any shortage of room to put things. Can hold up to 8 or 9 foot rods I believe. Might be 9'
    - Build quality is great. Has a track system around the inside of the rails that you can put attachments on, and it has cool little features like factory installed LED lights on the bow and stern which you can see on in my picture
    - Price is competitive. I know its a Lund, but I payed a very reasonable price for mine which I bet is equal to or less than the price of the competition. You just have to work with your dealer.

That's most of what I've learned about it so far, but If I think of other things or you have any questions I might be able to help.

I really like this boat. The biggest reason is one you mentioned. Cockpit is moved up more. Makes for a better balanced boat.

Is’nt the fuel tank under or right behind the seats?

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    He is asking about the rengade. It is a mod V model very similar to the triton that he is asking about.
    Lol. I know what it is but for some reason it didn’t register in my mind he was talking about the are Renegade!

With that out of the way, there isn’t much difference between the these theee boats. The Triton would have the flattest hull, the Tracker has a pretty good vee up front and the Renegade is a different beast all together. I like Lund boats a lot but to me, the renegade isn’t it’s crown jewel and is neither better or worse than the other boats you listed. The only complaints I had with the are evade when I looked at it when it came out were the rear compartments were not waterproof (no lip or insert) and the locker didn’t hold near enough rods for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    I really like this boat. The biggest reason is one you mentioned. Cockpit is moved up more. Makes for a better balanced boat.

Is’nt the fuel tank under or right behind the seats?
    I think it is right behind the seats. There is a large storage compartment underneath them.
    2017 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Spitfire X7 17p
    Fortrex 80
    Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2N
    Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Helix 10 Mega DI G2N
    Dual Power Pole 8' Blades

11. Member
    Lund has been in business since 1948 has a great warranty and is second largest in sales of Aluminum boats and historically #1 in resale value. Storage is BIG on this boat runs excellent and it tracks excellent. With it's wide footprint, is sits flat, doesn't draw much draft and is very is stable.

12. Member
    I’m 90% sure I’m going to order a Rengade in the next week or so. Depends on what my local Crestliner dealer will do with a PT 18, though. The Crestliner dealer is about a mile from my house, the Lund dealer is about a 45 minute drive. I’ll go with the better deal, but I’m personally hoping the Lund wins. It’s a fantastic boat and I think the IPS hull will outperform all the other mod-v hulls. I also have a Cabelas (with rangers and Trackers) and a BPS (with Trackers) closer than the Lund dealer. Both the Ranger and Tracker are good boats, but I think the Lund’s and Crestliners are better. Ok, the Ranger is a great boat too. I just hate the storage layout.
    Last edited by frogboy; 01-25-2018 at 08:05 PM.

13. Banned
    Nice boats!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 02-02-2018 at 10:13 PM.