Banned

Unhappy Active Shooter at Marshall Co High School

2. Member
    SO SAD!

From Matt Bevin's Twitter

Governor Matt Bevin
    @GovMattBevin

Tragic shooting at Marshall County HS...Shooter is in custody, one confirmed fatality, multiple others wounded...Much yet unknown...Please do not speculate or spread hearsay...Let’s let the first responders do their job and be grateful that they are there to do it for us...
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

3. Member
    Prayers for everyone there

Just now heard about this. For that community. Waiting to here update

5. Member
    Prayers to the families.

6. Banned
    Two dead - 1 female 15 yr old who died on the scene, the other a male who is also 15 yrs old and passed away at the hospital

19 total injured in shooting

14 injuries are gunshot related, 5 others are not gunshot related

The shooter is a 15 year-old-male. He is in custody and to be charged with murder and attempted murder

Now they are saying 17 injured instead of 19. More prayers.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Now they are saying 17 injured instead of 19. More prayers.
    17 + 2 deaths = 19 total

Regardless, no need to argue over details, I wish it was 0 injuries and 0 deaths.

School will be closed tomorrow for students.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Terrible situation.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

11. Member
    Did they ever release info on the shooter? Name?Motive?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    Did they ever release info on the shooter? Name?Motive?
    Not officially, the name is known amongst the community, my wife even had him in her Sunday school class many years ago.

13. Member
    Dang, such a sad thing!

14. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Not officially, the name is known amongst the community,
    ? you posted a link with his name and picture on the post in the lounge...reply#102

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    ? you posted a link with his name and picture on the post in the lounge...reply#102
    Did not see post,late to this thread but maybe removed cause he was juvenile.

16. Member
    Post is still up there

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team do work View Post
    Post is still up there
    Yes it sure is!!

18. Banned
    This one has the latest, not really official but put out by the courier journal...

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...er/1064880001/

19. Member
    My heart breaks for the families that lost their children. My heart also breaks for those kids who will be carrying these thoughts and visions of that day for the rest of their life! That day has changed them forever whether they know it or not. I was involved in a school shooting 30 days after the Columbine shooting. My best friend was shot twice while sitting next to me. We were very fortunate that nobody died that day but it doesn't change the fact that children, somewhere between 13-18 years old ran for their lives, saw friends being shot, & made eye contact with kids and adults who all had the fear of dying in their eyes. Those thoughts and visions don't go away. What also doesn't go away is the insane stupidity of the media, their negligence, and in my eyes, their responsibility in this shit continuing to happen.

The media isn't reporting about the things that I mentioned above. The REAL things that take place when this happens. The long term and factual effects of what something like this does to innocent kids, teachers, parents, and the community. No...their ridiculous stupid asses immediately start reporting that "bullying" was the cause. I saw an interview the day this happened when a kid, hands still shaking and knees knocking, voice trembling, was asked by a reporter if the shooter was targeting popular kids and if they think the shooter was bullied. The amount of rage that ran through me at that moment is indescribable. Every part of me wanted to squeeze that idiots neck and slap the shit out of him. How about giving that young man a hug! He just went through a terrible thing, probably the scariest moment he will ever experience in life but certainly the scariest moment thus far, and this stupid ass wants to ask leading questions that won't accomplish a damn thing. And in all reality, THEY AREN'T TRUE! Bullying didn't have a damn thing to do with that boy shooting his classmates. That coward shot his classmates for so many reasons that started years ago outside of those schoolhouse walls! The media needs to report the facts and real reasons this is going to continue happening instead of giving the kids who are watching these events unfold on TV a gateway to blame something or someone.

There are lots of stories out there about Columbine that dug deep into the factual parts of that day and those 2 shitbags that did what they did. The media immediately started laying blame on the student population for what happened that day by blaming it on bullying. The whole "trench-coat mafia" theory because they didn't fit in and got picked on by popular kids or athletes etc. That's garbage. NOT EVEN REMOTELY TRUE! But now every child watching is seeing that someone else will be blamed for their choices if they do something similar. In the case of Columbine, the media should have reported about how stupid those 2 were and how big of failures. They should have told the world that they were dumb as rocks and that everything they planned on doing that day really didn't work because they were failures. And like I have done in this post, they shouldn't have said the 2 names that every one of you now know without me having to type it. But NO! The media repeated their names over and over. They fabricated...yes they completely made up the entire story that the 2 failures were picked on for being outcasts and not like the rest, and that is why they did this. They made the innocent population of students out to be the villains, gave the 2 failures fame and notoriety and an excuse for doing what they did, and never spoke to the true accountability of how and why these kids were able to plan and do something so horrific.

Sorry for my rant about this but I'm so sick of seeing this stuff on the news and always having this fear in the back of my mind about sending my kids to school as they get older. Because the truth is that I will never think "It can't happen to me". It did...and it sucked. It's getting worse every day, and it's going to keep happening unless they change the way the public finds out about these tragedies. Call a spade a spade! The kids who do this are evil. There is no good in them. They are cowards. Their home-life has everything to do with why they did what they did far more than any kid at school calling them fat or dumb or a loser or whatever else. Everyone will get picked on at some point in life. Life is cruel and sometimes it sucks. That doesn't mean you can shoot someone or multiple people and blame it on being called fat. TIME magazine reported that my best friend picked on the shooter at our high school. Said Jason was a star athlete and popular etc. and that he picked on him in the hallways along with many others and that's why he was shot. Bull shit. Jason (and most everyone else) didn't even know this kids name until it was said on the news over and over and over. Jason was shot by random fire, from the hip, by a gun moving side to side while discharging bullets, by a guy he had never spoken to and didn't even know his name. But TIME magazine gave every other little shit wad that is having bad thoughts an avenue of blame and reason. They should have reported that most likely the shooters parents were terrible parents. They were disconnected from anything that had to do with their kids and have no idea what's going on in their kids heads or lives. In the case of our school shooting, they should've reported those things. Ok...sorry again. Rant over.