Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Art , does this mean we are gonna have to purchase another vehicle for the business this year ....lol

2. Member
    Carp are really bad. tournaments are growing and really taking its toll., grass, bait fish are low. Tva works in partnership with many, but control the waters as they see fit.
    Things need to be done but seem ken lake and Paris landing parks have tournaments constantly, more now than ever. cant even park anymore.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Carp are really bad. tournaments are growing and really taking its toll., grass, bait fish are low. Tva works in partnership with many, but control the waters as they see fit.
    Things need to be done but seem ken lake and Paris landing parks have tournaments constantly, more now than ever. cant even park anymore.
    Actually not many tournaments at Ken Lake, 95% of tournament are out of Paris, Ky Dam or Moore’s. Folks use Ken Lake a lot to practice and yes it’s full 7 days a week!!!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    Art , does this mean we are gonna have to purchase another vehicle for the business this year ....lol
    Need to locate some more inventory first!

5. Member
    As far as tournaments go, this April and May is the worst I’ve seen. From April into May there will be an astronomical amount of pressure on the fish. There’s several 100 to 200 plus boat tournaments back to back and some on the same days. You throw that many boats out practicing for a week at a time and then tournament days, that’s a lot on the fish! Anyone who spent any time at all on the lake in the last couple years knows that the numbers are down no matter what the survey says!

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    As far as tournaments go, this April and May is the worst I’ve seen. From April into May there will be an astronomical amount of pressure on the fish. There’s several 100 to 200 plus boat tournaments back to back and some on the same days. You throw that many boats out practicing for a week at a time and then tournament days, that’s a lot on the fish! Anyone who spent any time at all on the lake in the last couple years knows that the numbers are down no matter what the survey says!
    Not for me! :)

Then again I've spent a lot more time trolling cranks on the ledges in recent years, rare to blank when doing that.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Need to locate some more inventory first!
    Let me get though this 5 day dose of Tamiflu this week and l'll see what I can come up with the next week or 2.....

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    Let me get though this 5 day dose of Tamiflu this week and l'll see what I can come up with the next week or 2.....
    Find some geese while you're at it, got until the 15th to load up on those.

9. Banned

10. Member
    Tournaments are an exploitatation of a resource we have all sacrifice to preserve and protect or the the last 40 years. Anytime you dangle a dollar at the end of a sporting event it ceases to become sport. As for the carp. The importer and sellers of them need to be hunted down and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No mater what the population of fish on the lake is “personally I believe it is very poor” current conditions and situations have made the catch rate for the average man very difficult and therefore less attractive for the regular guy to come to our area,which will effect the local economy adversely. All tournaments at least need to go to the catch and release format. And our license dollars need to be pooled to research the elimination of invasive species.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    Tournaments are an exploitatation of a resource we have all sacrifice to preserve and protect or the the last 40 years. Anytime you dangle a dollar at the end of a sporting event it ceases to become sport. As for the carp. The importer and sellers of them need to be hunted down and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. No mater what the population of fish on the lake is “personally I believe it is very poor” current conditions and situations have made the catch rate for the average man very difficult and therefore less attractive for the regular guy to come to our area,which will effect the local economy adversely. All tournaments at least need to go to the catch and release format. And our license dollars need to be pooled to research the elimination of invasive species.
    N

What happened to the thread originator?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

13. Member
    [QUOTE=Stoner;9078953]What happened to
    Last edited by pab1981; 02-07-2018 at 06:01 PM.

14. Member
    Hope he just got the weeklong ban and not the green wave..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    When are the tournaments? Where are they out of?

16. Member
    Fished it 4 to 5 times annually for the 20 years. weather events historically always impacted some of the trips but almost every year we had one delightful trip then in about 2013 the pattern fell apart and I gave up in 2015. Changes from 95 to 2015

1- combat fishing applied just to crappie in early April. now it is bass all year long
    2- started to catch more and more smallmouth on Barkley. Appears it is getting clearer
    3- Pleasure boat traffic in summer has grown
    4- Then we have emergence of carp and great electronics
    5- No grass seen on KYL
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

17. Member
    You can look at the kdfwr website and see where all of the registered tournys are out of, dates and number of boats expected.

18. Member
    Tournaments have gone on for years and the fishing just kept getting better until the carp showed up I can’t believe the tournaments are the problem

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHenry View Post
    Hope he just got the weeklong ban and not the green wave..
    I'm back!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    I'm back!
    You have a nice vacation?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast