Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I bet so. That gives LCB a whole new meaning for sure.
    To our troops

Glad it turned out ok Cliff!!! I have to watch Roxy in the boat, she tries to catch my lures every cast.

3. Bobby8
    Dang tough dog there. My goofy lab would have passed out........

Boy oh boy, I know there was some frantic high steppin going on in that household.
    Glad the pooch made out ok.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

Glad to hear all turned out ok. I worry about our little dog in the boat. She likes to grab the fish when we bring them in the boat.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

I've had a couple dogs get too curious about crankbaits over the years, sucks! Most recent one was one of our ridgebacks, the same one that wanted to play with a copperhead & got bit Hooks came out at home with line pull, benadryl fixed up the snake bite.
    Glad you got your companion fixed up, Cliff! Never any fun when the pooches get to hurtin

~~~~~ Bury my soul where the blue bonnets grow ~~~~~~
    https://www.mccainfishing.com/

Ouch! That had to have hurt. Makes my eyes water just thinking about a treble hook stuck in any nose! When I see a happy dog on fishing rigs with tongues hanging out, ears pinned back barking up a storm, I often wonder just how many get a lure stuck in 'em? I would never take my dogs fishing with me, it would be way too much work (plus those little 4 pound Yorkies would probably fly out when I got on plane ).
    Sorry your wallet is lighter but I'm glad your pup is ok!

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

8. Member
    good thing he didn't get it in him mouth . Hell my Lab got bite by a shark once at the beach and blood was gushing out of her snout. Looked like somebody laid her snout open with 5 razor blades. Rinsed it with water and did the old super glue trick. Worked like a charm but she still gets antsy when its Shark Week on NATGEO.

9. Member
    I was casting a 20XD in the pool to watch what it was doing crazy when my Lab jumped in after it. Luck has it she didn't catch it.
    2001 Champion 206, Yamaha 250 V-Max hpdi
    1997 Nitro Savage 884, Mercury150 XR6, 8" Slidemaster Jack Plate

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    good thing he didn't get it in him mouth . Hell my Lab got bite by a shark once at the beach and blood was gushing out of her snout. Looked like somebody laid her snout open with 5 razor blades. Rinsed it with water and did the old super glue trick. Worked like a charm but she still gets antsy when its Shark Week on NATGEO.
    Shark attack? That's a crazy ass story! Glad she survived that.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    Shark attack? That's a crazy ass story! Glad she survived that.
    We were surf fishing for bull reds on McFaddin Beach near Sabine Pass and my brother caught about a 5ft black tip shark. Finally got it to the bank and pulled it out of the water to cut its tail to bleed it out. As we were walking off to let it bleed my curious Lab (at the time only about 1 year old and currently 12) ZOEY decided to go check it out. As soon as she got close to smell its head it flung around and latched onto her snout. She quickly jerked away but obviously the razor sharp teeth already did their damage. Looked like a horror show with all the blood squirting out of her snout. All I could think to do was wrap in tight with something to help stop the bleeding. Yanked my shirt of and wrapped her up to carry her over to the tailgate of my truck. Waited a couple minutes and unwrapped her to rinse it off with some bottled water and check out the damage. Being a Sunday I knew all the Vet Clinic would be closed and could only imagine the bill that would run me to have her stitched up. Whipped out some super glue and went to town on her like I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before. Actually worked wayyyyyyy better than I initially expected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12