Thread: Boarding ladder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boarding ladder

Well I've decided that I should have one of these for my own safety as I fish alone and now have had 2 hip replacements. Should I just order one from Ranger and be done with it or are there good alternatives? Is this something I can install or let my dealer do it? Going on a 2015 RT188.
    Thanks all

2. Member
    Don't order from Ranger!!! Call metalogic, I think they are a Board sponsor. They make the ladders for Ranger and the RT specifically and you can get the exact "Ranger" ladder for half the cost. Someone told me about it and so glad they did. Fantastic company
    Last edited by gbsmallie; 01-22-2018 at 09:55 PM.

3. Member
    If the ladder is made for the boat and you’re not bashful about drilling holes then you can mount it. My factory is a basic flip down. Get the right SS hardware and some 5200 and have at it. I’d have a buddy help hold everything in place. I can reach my back seat post for a pull up. If you don’t think you can reach you’ll want a grab handle up on top as well.

We we use the ladder. I e only had one boat in decades without one. I had ONE with an e ladder. That’s about all that thing was worth...an emergency!

4. Member
    Check out allaboard...

5. Member
    I really like mine listed in my sig, but be sure to mount a grab handle. BTO made mine.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

6. Member
    www.thebassboatladder.com, I am very happy with this. I put it on my RT198

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    www.thebassboatladder.com, I am very happy with this. I put it on my RT198
    Looks good, too bad a jack plate is required.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

8. Member
    Says they do a transom mount version on the website.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    Don't order from Ranger!!! Call metalogic, I think they are a Board sponsor. They make the ladders for Ranger and the RT specifically and you can get the exact "Ranger" ladder for half the cost. Someone told me about it and so glad they did. Fantastic company
    I called metalogic for a boarding ladder for my Xpress. They would not sell direct.

10. Member
    The All Aboard ladder is great.

11. Member
    Thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to go with Metalogic. Kevin was great on the phone and even called me back after he researched my model boat. I'll post again this spring after I see how good it works.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat188 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to go with Metalogic. Kevin was great on the phone and even called me back after he researched my model boat. I'll post again this spring after I see how good it works.
    Great choice, you won't be disappointed

13. Banned
    All aboard looks like it would be hard on old fat man to use.

Saw this one at the local boat show a couple weeks ago. I think it was on a Crestliner but I looked at a lot of boats. I have a standard boarding ladder on the right side but was thinking about adding this one to the left. Only problem is I can't find it on the web. My "google-fu" is weak this morning. Anyone seen this style before?

nylon ladder.jpg
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Saw this one at the local boat show a couple weeks ago. I think it was on a Crestliner but I looked at a lot of boats. I have a standard boarding ladder on the right side but was thinking about adding this one to the left. Only problem is I can't find it on the web. My "google-fu" is weak this morning. Anyone seen this style before?

Haven't seen one of those, but if you have a transom like mine that swoops down to the motor, it may be the best option.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Member
    Well Kevin said that the inside dimension of the step was only 7 1/2 inches. That seems awful narrow. Anyone have the inside numbers of their ladder? I have a voice mail and an email into Ranger for some specifics but have not heard from them.

Well Kevin said that the inside dimension of the step was only 7 1/2 inches. That seems awful narrow. Anyone have the inside numbers of their ladder? I have a voice mail and an email into Ranger for some specifics but have not heard from them.
    The two widths on their website show 9" and 12" inside dimensions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post

not exactly the same, but pretty similar -

www.rescuestep.com

19. Member
    I have the step from the factory. It’s right at 8” inside the tread. I wear a size 13 and haven’t had an issuing using it.

The issue I may have with a web type step is it collapsing around your leg as your climbing in?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    All aboard looks like it would be hard on old fat man to use.
    This old fat man has no trouble getting back in the boat using it. They also work without a jack plate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast