Thread: Snack at night?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I believe that's part of the problems of diabetes isn't it? Your belly is the hardest thing to cut down?
    Yes, I think the insulin tends to increase the fat stored in the body.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$n View Post
    Yes, I think the insulin tends to increase the fat stored in the body.
    Oh yes, I've read that a side effect of synthetic insulin is the bell fat deal. At least you have an excuse, I don't take anything and I'm still fat. haha.

3. Member
    My Fitbit starts me about 2200 calories in before the day starts and by the end of the day its usually between 4 and 5000 calories to eat. since you can't know exactly what i need without more information would you suggest me sticking around 2500 calories per day?

With your activity level I would start you at 2,625 calories. If you were my client I would highly recommend strength training over cardio.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    With your activity level I would start you at 2,625 calories. If you were my client I would highly recommend strength training over cardio.
    That's interesting, i've never thought of weight training to lose weight.

5. Member
    That's interesting, i've never thought of weight training to lose weight.

I have had hundreds of clients both in the gym and online in which I’ve followed this protocol with and that’s the first response I always get. Cardio is used as a last resort when you’ve stripped off all possible fat with weight training and proper nutrition. Even then it’s not always necessary. Manipulating nutrition to reach goals is my number one priority

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    I have had hundreds of clients both in the gym and online in which I’ve followed this protocol with and that’s the first response I always get. Cardio is used as a last resort when you’ve stripped off all possible fat with weight training and proper nutrition. Even then it’s not always necessary. Manipulating nutrition to reach goals is my number one priority
    I've always been under the impression that you have to lose the fat before you just convert it to muscle.

7. Member
    I've always been under the impression that you have to lose the fat before you just convert it to muscle.
    Not the case at all. When done right you’ll burn more calories lifting than you will doing cardio. Not only that but you’ll also reap the rewards of what’s called the afterburner effect. After lifting your body has been put under metabolic stress which in turn keeps your caloric burn elevated for a period of time throughout the day. Also the more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories your body will burn at any given state. Losing fat is as easy as being in a precise calorie deficit every single day

8. Member
    Best shape I’ve ever been in my life I was a member of a gym ran by a hospital. I was in the military but stationed no where near a base. So the gym and hospital were private. I had a private trainer, dude rode me hard! I lifted three days a week. I rode competitive cycle on weekends, and rode everyday at lunch. I was on a triathlon team that placed second in the state of VA for our age group. You need to work those major muscle groups.

It is not easy at all but I have been doing after dinner I do not allow any Scooby snacks. If I feel like snacking, I get a bottled water. Hydration builds motivation.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    It is not easy at all but I have been doing after dinner I do not allow any Scooby snacks. If I feel like snacking, I get a bottled water. Hydration builds motivation.

Sugar free gym helps me a lot when cutting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123