Thread: Snack at night?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    That is my thought as well, I believe carbs store more fat than a protein. I thought the Atkins diet was based on that concept.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$n View Post
    Are all calories equal when it come to losing weight. That is are lets say a hundred calories from a protein as bad as the same amount from carbs?

Essentially yes. Losing “weight” shouldn’t be everyone’s goal. Losing fat and retaining Lean body mass should be. When this is the case then the answer is a bit different

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    How much should I be eating? Do you think I’m eating enough?
    To answer this question, need to know a few things about you. Height, weight and age is a good start. With these I can get a close number but I really need to dig a little deeper and figure out your daily activity level and also your body fat percentage. Alicia you can give the the first three I can get you a number to start with and teach you how to adjust based on your results

4. Member
    That is my thought as well, I believe carbs store more fat than a protein. I thought the Atkins diet was based on that concept.
    This couldn’t be more false. You’re body stores fat when it has more energy provided than needed. Excess calories whether it be fat carbs or proteins Can cause a gain in fat tissue.
    Last edited by R Warner; 01-23-2018 at 08:22 PM.

5. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R Warner View Post
    To answer this question, need to know a few things about you. Height, weight and age is a good start. With these I can get a close number but I really need to dig a little deeper and figure out your daily activity level and also your body fat percentage. Alicia you can give the the first three I can get you a number to start with and teach you how to adjust based on your results
    73 inches, ~335 lbs, a few months shy of 30. Mostly office/sales job.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    73 inches, ~335 lbs, a few months shy of 30. Mostly office/sales job.

With this being the only info I have your estimated tdee is 3,040 calories per day. I would suggest you to start at 2280 per day. I can break down how many grams of protein fat and carbs you should try to hit each day as well but there are a few more questions that will need to be answered if you’re interested in breaking it down that way. There’s only one thing I don’t like about this and that’s the fact that this is below your BMR. There are a few other things that you would need to watch closely eating this few calories
    Last edited by R Warner; 01-23-2018 at 08:42 PM.

7. Member
    So with me being 76" tall, weighing roughly 330-335 depending on the day and eating 1500-1800 calories a day could actually make me gain weight?

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    So with me being 76" tall, weighing roughly 330-335 depending on the day and eating 1500-1800 calories a day could actually make me gain weight?

No I think you misunderstood. Depending on many factors like your activity level daily, you might need to eat more than 3000 calories per day to gain weight.
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member

Yes it very well could. When you consume a considerable amount less calories than your basal metabolic rate your will adapt to you eating those calories. Eating that few calories will cause your muscles to atrophy.

10. Member
    Yes it very well could. When you consume a considerable amount less calories than your basal metabolic rate your will adapt to you eating those calories. Eating that few calories will cause your muscles to atrophy.
    So how accurate is my Fitbit and the Myfitnesspal app for consuming those amounts of calories?

11. Member
    So how accurate is my Fitbit and the Myfitnesspal app for consuming those amounts of calories?

I know my my Fitbit will measure my daily burn average about 4100 per day. If I eat that amount of calories I will gain weight. I would say everyone may be a bit different but I think mine is about 10-12% off.

12. Member
    Essentially yes. Losing “weight” shouldn’t be everyone’s goal. Losing fat and retaining Lean body mass should be. When this is the case then the answer is a bit different
    I want to lose my belly fat, so how is the answer different?

13. Member
    It’s impossible to choose the area in which lose fat. Depending on ones genetics, typically men lose in the limbs first and it slowly works it’s way to the middle with the belly and back above the belt line being the last place to which you lose from. That being said, is your belly the only place you’re carrying fat?

14. Member
    My Fitbit starts me about 2200 calories in before the day starts and by the end of the day its usually between 4 and 5000 calories to eat. since you can't know exactly what i need without more information would you suggest me sticking around 2500 calories per day?

15. Member
    When you get on your Fitbit what does your average daily calorie burn say?

16. Member
    My report last week was 4,397 which was up by 39 from the previous week.

17. Member
    Any exercise? If so, what and how much time per week

18. Member
    Treadmill, 3-5 times a week. 45-60 minutes. It usually shows between 300 and 400 calories burned on the tracker, not sure how accurate those are. i turn the incline up to 4 and start about 2.6 mph for five minutes and then up to 10 on the incline and go up to 3.2 mph for five minutes then come back to 6 and 2.8 and just bounce back and forth there for the rest of the time.

19. Member
    It’s impossible to choose the area in which lose fat. Depending on ones genetics, typically men lose in the limbs first and it slowly works it’s way to the middle with the belly and back above the belt line being the last place to which you lose from. That being said, is your belly the only place you’re carrying fat?
    Yes, I'm an old geezer and it's concentrated at my belly. Looks like a beer belly but I'm not a drinker.

20. Member
    Yes, I'm an old geezer and it's concentrated at my belly. Looks like a beer belly but I'm not a drinker.
    I believe that's part of the problems of diabetes isn't it? Your belly is the hardest thing to cut down?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast