Echomap 73 sv plus VS Striker 7sv

Wanting to put two 7 inch screens on the console.
    One for side and down imaging.
    One for maps and sonar.

Are there advantages to going with the Echomap plus 73sv
    Or will the striker 7sv suffice ??

Two Echo plus= $1500.00
    Two Stikers= $800.00

I will have a Helix ten on the bow to work with my minnkota.

Also- When I install the two units, am I better off using two transducers mounted on the transom ?
    Or is there a way to network the two units to run off of one transducer ?

If I can run them off of one transducer, is there a upgraded transducer I should be looking for ??

Thanks
    Last edited by bigkahunaranch; 01-22-2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: more questions

2. Member
    Are the strikers plus units? If so, the biggest difference is mapping capabilities. Strikers are limited to the basemap with waypoints. No microsd card slot on Strikers. Striker plus adds quickdraw mapping.
    Whenever the Q1 software update is released, the 7x and 9x echomap plus units will be able to network together. Share sonar, and immediately share waypoints. This is one of the reasons I went with two 73sv plus units. I've already bought the Ethernet cable.

3. Member
    I Forgot, the echomap plus 7x & 9x series are touch screen also.

4. Member
    Will the Striker Plus run the Panoptix?

5. Banned
    no

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    IMO, dont sell yourself short with the Striker units....the echoPlus touch units are great units!!!! The touch screen makes it worth the extra money and easier getting around the unit.....once that ethernet update gets out, should be pretty awesome with a couple units networked....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    I agree with fishin_couillon. I heartily recommend the echomap Plus units. These are great units. You mentioned mapping. Unless they've changed something the Striker units don't come with maps and the only maps they will display are the ones you create with Quickdraw.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I was gonna say that Winchester. Striker has no maps.

9. Member
    no base maps on strikers, you can see waypoints and quickdraw that you have created. You can't share waypoints between striker and echomap plus (or older generation of echomaps).So it depends on your fishing needs of which is better for you. I use the echomaps, I need contour lines and I don't want to spend the time to make my own maps. Sharing transducers will be nice one the update comes out....don't let us down Garmin! IF garmin doesn't release the update or it doesn't do what they marketed, that will make me switch to the Helix line.