Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Best friend, best man in my wedding lives there. Moved down there after getting a job in Commerce playing with wood.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Either of you guys very far away from Danielsville GA? It's NE of ATL
    Danielsville is N / NW of Athens, home of University of Georgia. It's in the STICKS!
    I'm south of Atlanta, a good 90~120 minutes from there.

Last time I was there was before I retired, back around 2002. The population then wasn't 500. I still don't think they have a traffic light. They have a roundabout in the middle of town, so no need I reckon.

Lot of pretty country out that way for sure. Not much else though.

Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

3. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieChicken View Post
    Danielsville is N / NW of Athens, home of University of Georgia. It's in the STICKS!
    I'm south of Atlanta, a good 90~120 minutes from there.

Last time I was there was before I retired, back around 2002. The population then wasn't 500. I still don't think they have a traffic light. They have a roundabout in the middle of town, so no need I reckon.

Lot of pretty country out that way for sure. Not much else though.

my “best friend in law” works at UGA.

I believe they chose the location as being country enough for them. Here we live 17 miles away from the nearest Walmart, grocery store, gas station, anything.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    my “best friend in law” works at UGA.

I believe they chose the location as being country enough for them. Here we live 17 miles away from the nearest Walmart, grocery store, gas station, anything.
    Something to be said for serenity for sure.

We live 45 minutes south of Atlanta, outside a small town in a subdivision, but it's all custom, 1 acre minimum. We're on 2 with a creek out back and nobody will ever live behind us. Feels much better than 4 houses per acre that's for sure!

Our daughter OTOH and her hubby, think that EVERYONE should live "in town". They were freaking CRAZY about living in an area in Atlanta called Little Five Points. Back i the 60's~70's it was a hippy hangout. Now it's just a weird place. (Always has been.) Thing is, it's in an area called the Old 4th Ward in Atlanta and I wouldn't, and COULDN'T live there FOR FREE. Or if you paid me! Too much crime, too many people, too little personal space. Can't tell these college kids that though, because they like to walk everywhere.

Asked my daughter one day why they loved it so and she said "Because Dad, in 5 minutes we can walk to 2 used record stores and 3 coffee shops". (Keep in mind that coffee shops to them does NOT mean the antichrist Starbucks, it means an independent coffee shop.) I told her.... "Well sweetie, in 5 minutes I can go on-line and buy all the used records I ever wanted, and in 10 minutes can be at Kroger and buy 50 pounds of coffee". LOL

Last summer he took a job on the Air Force base in Albuquerque designing micro circuits for the DOD. Sure enough, they bought a house in an old section of town, built in the 40's, rather than go 15 minutes east or west and get something new, bigger, MUCH cheaper per sq ft, and on more land.
    But hey.... they can WALK TO A COFFEE SHOP!
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

5. Banned
    I started in august 07 2017 at about 260 goal is 165-175. currently at 187. its been a struggle at times but has been worth every ach pain and sweat drop in the eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12