Thread: Muzzle loaders

Muzzle loaders

Always wanted to have a long Kentucky squirrel rifle,( at least what I always called it). Was at my club gun show over the weekend and a guy had something similar but shorter in 36 caliber. Always loved the look with the wood the whole length of the barrel and the simple mechanics of them.
    Very similar to this.

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda-prodotto.asp/l_en/idpr_92/rifles-kentucky-kentucky-percussion-model.html

anyone have one in a small caliber ? Just looks like it would be fun to shoot.

I have a .32 and a .36. The 32 is percussion and the 36 flintlock. Not shot them in years, when I was younger I shot them in youth competitions. F.I.L. made me a 45 flintlock that I've not shot yet, we need to file the notch and install the rear sight. If you ever get the chance, you need to go the Friendship, IN for the BIG shoot. The NMLRA headquarters is there. Shooters from all over the country are there for the national shoot. Some amazing shooters and beautiful rifles to gawk at.

Heard about a huge shoot in Vermont from the guy I was looking to buy the gun from. He said it was a real fun time....