Thread: Coyote hunters

Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar

Coyote hunters

They are really responding to a submissive Female call right now here. Called in 7 in the last three sets.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Love is in the air. It's almost Valentines Day.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Three since Friday in my back field. Passed on a nice one last night that was falling all over himself coming in to a female call. He was really dark and by the time I was sure it wasn't a dog he was circling in a direction I couldn't shoot.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    They are really responding to a submissive Female call right now here.
    Just like human males, huh?

I need to try some female chatter I guess, I've had a hard time with Yotes this year. Screwed up a Fox double last week, had a screen owl hit my call this week.

Took one out a few minutes ago in my yard with my new Ruger 204. Lots of them this year, see them all over the Ranch, have killed 7 so far but that number should be about 15, just couldn't get on some of them quick enough.

Every evening around 5:30 they start sounding off around my house. Hoping to be set up tomorrow evening. The caller and the light are full charge and the can is on the front of the AR.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Took one out a few minutes ago in my yard with my new Ruger 204. Lots of them this year, see them all over the Ranch, have killed 7 so far but that number should be about 15, just couldn't get on some of them quick enough.
    How do you like that .204?
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

How do you like that .204?
    Don't want to jump n on your ? to Stompy, but the 204 ruger has replaced my 243 as my favorite calling rifle. It is quiet compared to the 243, low recoil so watching bullet impact through scope is fun. It flat lays coyotes out with little fur damage. Flat shooting lil bugger too.

I would really like to have a 204 just something about one of them has always intrigued me. need to just put together a 204 upper for my AR calling rifle

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Don't want to jump n on your ? to Stompy, but the 204 ruger has replaced my 243 as my favorite calling rifle. It is quiet compared to the 243, low recoil so watching bullet impact through scope is fun. It flat lays coyotes out with little fur damage. Flat shooting lil bugger too.
    I may get one. Cabelas has the Savage 12fv on sale and Savage has a $100 rebate. My son picked me up a 6.5 creedmore last night. I might as well get another.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

I really like it so far but it's a brand new gun. It's the Ruger Predator that came with a Vortex 4x12 in a package deal from Ruger for $625. It shoots a great group at 100 yards,,,less than 1" moa. Shooting a 32 grain Hornady out of it and that Coyote never took a step. I bought it because I need a cheap truck gun here for the ranch, one I'm not worried about abusing. For pigs I think I'll need to head or neck shoot to bring down though, but I bought it for Coyotes mostly.

This is a bolt gun but I also have one in AR, it's just a little to bulky for a truck gun. This little bolt gun works great for my truck.

13. Member
    They are really responding to a submissive Female call right now here. Called in 7 in the last three sets.
    ight now is also a good time to get doubles. I've called in the male only to have the female come in within a few minutes of shooting the male.