Thread: SEA DEK

SEA DEK

Anyone ever use this on their Stroker if so how do u like it

2. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher9 View Post
    Anyone ever use this on their Stroker if so how do u like it
    Love it!! much better then carpet water just rolls right off!! clean up is a breeze too!

Have it in my Allison as well, I will never go back to carpet

4. Member
    Do they have this pre-cut or do you got to cut every piece?

5. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    They laser measured my boat and cut each piece. They had to recut a couple pieces to fit a little better. Or you can get a measuring kit and they will cut to your patterns. I don't suggest doing it that way for the whole boat.

6. Member
    I’m in the process of putting seadek in my boat. As for templates I only need to make the front deck floor and the console floor area and I’ll have all templates done. I’ve already got the seadek cut out for all the deck lids and I’m having the lids powder coated as we speak. It’s a little time consuming to make sure it’s done right and the fact that I can only work on it in my spare time. The material itself is very easy to work with.

7. Member
    When I got the new deck extension, I put it on it , they did a good job but time consuming is diffelty one way to put it .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    I sure wish they had purple!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbassfla View Post
    When I got the new deck extension, I put it on it , they did a good job but time consuming is diffelty one way to put it .
    One thing that must be considered is the edges are fully visible at all times so the more care used in cutting the better the final product will be. Have you noticed if the black seadek gets hot compared to the gray carpet? Also have you noticed any fading in the red? Everyone I’ve talked to advised that I avoid red because it quickly fades to pink.

10. Member
    How does price compare to carpet?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    One thing that must be considered is the edges are fully visible at all times so the more care used in cutting the better the final product will be. Have you noticed if the black seadek gets hot compared to the gray carpet? Also have you noticed any fading in the red? Everyone I’ve talked to advised that I avoid red because it quickly fades to pink.
    Not as of yet , I guess it could thinking they said it has a warranty on fading , I have not noticed it being to hot , I have another trim pc but have not put it on , probably won’t , figured no way to match grey carpet, so went this way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdnstroker View Post
    How does price compare to carpet?
    It’s a bit more expensive but I hate carpet so I decided to suck it up and pay. If you’re willing to do the install yourself you can save some money. I bought my seadek during the 50% off sale they had at Thanksgiving so I bought a couple extra sheets so that I can have it should I need to replace a panel in the future. Keep in mind that if your boat has carpet now that the gaps between the lids will be wide to allow for the carpet to wrap around the edge and this may not look right with seadek. I traded deck lids with a no carpet boat so that I could have the tight gap lids and he could install carpet in his boat.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post

The black SeaDek is on par with dark gray carpet.

Stay away from red, and all the really bright colors if you are afraid of fading. If the boat is garage kept and a weekend worrier then you may get away with it for a while however the bright colors simply do fade.

Safe-floor.com