Wire routing for LED deck light on a 920

Purchased a set of Bluewater LED strips for my 2014 920. Was wondering what the best wire routing method to the console. I'll be installing 4 strips to the front deck and 2 strips on the rear deck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he spends $60,000 on a boat and releases all the fish.

2. Member
    I'd like to hear this, too.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

You could always take the easy route....wire the front deck lights to the bow nav light and the rear deck light the rear nav light. This is what some of my customers opt to do....a dimmer would not be a good idea to use if you go this way.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie_diaz View Post
    Purchased a set of Bluewater LED strips for my 2014 920. Was wondering what the best wire routing method to the console. I'll be installing 4 strips to the front deck and 2 strips on the rear deck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I recommend removing the top cover over the gas tank and going across the the port side, from there you can split off in the back of the co-angler rod box and go front to back, if you remove the switch panel you can get from there to the starboard rod locker, if you have a set of fish sticks (fiberglass rods) you can run from the starboard locker all the way to the battery compartment but if you are mounting the rear lights closer to the middle you may want to remove the shiftier cover

sorry for the short description but im limited on time right now, I will be glad to help with more info later if you want to message me.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Thanks for the details. I'll send you a message.
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he spends $60,000 on a boat and releases all the fish.

6. Member
    Do you want to drill holes for the wires is the main question. If not you could put the very front ones with the wires running in under the shroud up there, the other ones could run in the corners of a rod box by the console area. The rear ones you could tun under the gas tank panel but leave enough slack so the wire would go around the lip in there. Definitely shoot across under the gas tank lid like drewtick said. If your going to drill holes, the put the lights wherever you want, drill thru the carpet trim (so if removed later new trim would cover any holes). Just make sure you can reach where the wire would go thru. Wire them to an accessory switch and put a dimmer inline because you will need one

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Do you want to drill holes for the wires is the main question. If not you could put the very front ones with the wires running in under the shroud up there, the other ones could run in the corners of a rod box by the console area. The rear ones you could tun under the gas tank panel but leave enough slack so the wire would go around the lip in there. Definitely shoot across under the gas tank lid like drewtick said. If your going to drill holes, the put the lights wherever you want, drill thru the carpet trim (so if removed later new trim would cover any holes). Just make sure you can reach where the wire would go thru. Wire them to an accessory switch and put a dimmer inline because you will need one
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    The holes are so small you really don’t notice them if you run it right.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    The holes are so small you really don’t notice them if you run it right.
    I agree. It's just personal preference of wanting to drill them or not.