Thread: Lakematsr chip

Lakematsr chip

Guys, I was using Navionics for a long while, and notice that the Lakemaster are more detailed and accurate. I live in Michigan and still have 2- 1199SI units and 1- Helix9 Unit. I want to use them all this year. The 1199 & Helix 9 are going up front for mapping and graphing, while the other is going at the helm. What Lakemaster chip should I get for the 1199’s for greatest detail and overlay, and what chip should I get for the Helix 9? I appreciate all of your help. Thanks
    2007 Ranger Z22 Yamaha 250 HPDI

2. Member
    Before you make a switch, go on the Navionics website and look at their WebApp (if you haven't already) and look at the areas you fish with the SonarChart layer turned on. They have been adding detail like crazy and if your Navionics card hasn't been updated or you haven't had the SonarChart layer on, you might be getting old data that is less accurate or detailed. Just a thought.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=i...key=glteFjpdvP

I'll add one more thing:

Download the coverage list from the Humminbird Lakemaster site to see if your waters are covered by Lakemaster. You would want them to be indicated as High Definition Survey or Lakemaster High Definition Survey--the latter preferred.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Ohh wow! Alright. Thanks a ton guys.
    2007 Ranger Z22 Yamaha 250 HPDI