Running wires, neatly?

Question fellas, i want to redo a lot of wiring on my boat to my ozniums. What is the best way to support/strap wires inside areas that you cannot drill? For example the outside wall of rod lockers? Any tips/tricks at all would be appreciated.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

Use zip ties with zip tie mounts - but adhere them with a glop of silicone vs. relying on the self-stick tape.

3. Member
    You might want to consider whether you want to bundle them together or strap them down in an in accessible area, if you want to remove one it could become impossible. Since you're wiring, add a couple of extras in case you add a circuit.

Yes to those only add to them the better 3M tacky double sided tape. What comes on them is generic foam stuff that is, eh. As well, Twist your wires (positive and ground) together using a drill before running and it'll be nice and tidy.

5. Member
    run the wires in loom, color of your choice and with the tie strap blocks. i don't run power with signal wire. the silicone is also a good idea.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Use zip ties with zip tie mounts - but adhere them with a glop of silicone vs. relying on the self-stick tape.
    Hot glue gun works well also

7. Member
    In addition to the above suggestion which is spot on (I prefer automotive 3m doublesided tape instead of silicone), bus the ground connections whenever possible, label wires, use split loom conduit or rod sock material for visible areas. I don't like to twist wires together because it makes it harder to work on. I'm currently rewiring my entire boat (almost done!) so this has been my life recently.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Use black as the white are not UV protected and will crack...
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri