Thread: Passed the test

Keep Calm and Chive On! pickupman66's Avatar

Passed the test

just had to brag on the web! I passed my HCP class and should have my HCP in the mail in just a few weeks. Passed with a 96 on the written and a perfect 100 score on the shootin. I was not raised around handguns, but we had rifles and shotguns. I was shooting a 12 gauge when I was 12 or 13. anyways, I have been wanting this for the last few years and finally got the time and ability to do it.

I bought a SCCY CPX-2 9mm for my first handgun and thus far, I really like it. recoil is not bad and now that I have a some rounds thru it, the gun seems to operate smoothly and flawlessly.

Also, while not knowing a lot about ammunition for these things I bought a box of federal 9mm Luger with the aluminum casings. they worked really good but man did they bounce when they hit the floor.
    Hey Baby, Wanna see my Big, White Johnson!

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! Click Here

Follow me on Twitter @LHuffhines

2. Member
    that's one of my daily carry guns - it's a pretty good gun except for the trigger pull.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

3. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Nice job and congrats.
    Who controls John Gill?

4. Keep Calm and Chive On! pickupman66's Avatar
    Joebone1, I agree it does have quite the long pull but not knowing much else (aside from those of m winchester 1200, 300 savage and a Marlin 3030 and 22Lr, i think i can get used to it. plus knowing it is ready to rock and roll when I am without extra levers helps me feel good.

that said I did look at the Rugers, taurus and several others in this class and this one fit the bill. I May upgrade to a Sig down the road as those were nice but out of my current price range.

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! Click Here

5. Member

USA

Just look at that long trigger pull as a safety device. You won't accidently touch it off under stress. but if you need to, it won't bother you.

6. Keep Calm and Chive On! pickupman66's Avatar
    RR, that is the ONLY safety on this gun. I wont forget to take safety off when the time comes.

DMV and fingerprint process all done. now to wait on the mail.