Thread: Rod sleeves

Rod sleeves

Has anyone here used the "Rod Jerseys" from KDS fishing(one of the sponsors here)? I saw them and at $3.00ea they seem like a good idea. However, they are 5'3" long and I no longer have a rod under 7'. Any feedback would be great.

2. Member
    I like mine, cover all the guides on most rods.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

Go to TRC Rod covers and order the appropriate size for your rods. Worth every dime, and you can customize them to suit including adding the type of setup (spinnerbait, crankbait, etc.). $9.00 to $10.00 each. Top quality.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    I thought I would share what I have observed concerning my "Rod Jerseys" order from KDS. Ordering online was simple and I selected standard shipping since I was in no hurry. Package took around 10 days to arrive, not quick by any means,but I am used to Amazon prime 2day shipping. I ordered 10 of the jerseys and received everything as ordered. I have no previous experience with rod sleeves other than what I have seen at the ramp. So I was a little concerned at the 5'3" length since virtually every rod I own is 7'. However the length seems good as they cover all the eyes and end somewhere around 8" to 10" inches above the reel, which is sufficient space for a lure cover if wanted. The jerseys slide on and off easily, and easily slide into the rod locker. So I would say that overall,I am currently happy with this order and the rod jerseys. Now comes the long term testing on reliability and performance. I actually feel that the current $3.00 price tag is great and I will be purchasing more.
    1993 Champion 204DCX
    2007 ETEC 250

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Go to TRC Rod covers and order the appropriate size for your rods. Worth every dime, and you can customize them to suit including adding the type of setup (spinnerbait, crankbait, etc.). $9.00 to $10.00 each. Top quality.
    Amen!! Custom sizes, and they float. Top quality.

6. Member
    I have bought about 18 of their rod jerseys. You can actually get the casting model for $2.50 if you let them pick the color. Its on about page 3 i think of the rod jersets section. It says random color. And i have 7ft rods and i feel they come down plenty far enough. I am very pleased with my purchase. Also they do the random color for spinning for $3.50. Best deal on socks ive found anywhere. Also cheapest price on tungsten worm weights ive found. Insert free great quality. Ive even bought cranks and jwrkbaits. The jerkbait they sell from what ive researched is same mold as Megabass Vision 110. Great bait for the money at $4 each. Also the deep diving cranks the paint jobs are flawless and also $4 each. You will not be dissappointed with your purchase. Ive made 3 orders so far and those wont be my last. Hope this helps
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I agree TRC are worth every penny!

8. Member
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Expanable-B...53.m2749.l2649

if your not in a big hurry to get them, i got these off of ebay, paid $19 for 10 sleeves shipped... took about a month to get them but they are just as good as any of the others i have seen in the stores...

9. Member