CONSOLE MOUNTED UNITS FOR 2007-2008 STRATOS 201 OR 200 PRO XL

Hey guys so I am fixing to mount a HDS Gen3 9 to the dash of my 07 201. Does any of you guys that have the same dash layout have a picture of how you mounted yours? Thanks for the help!
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Member
    So anybody got anything to help me? lol

3. Member
    Ram mount on my 201 pro to the right of console.
    Last edited by Chummer; 02-13-2018 at 10:58 PM.

4. Member
    Mine is on a ram mount also, 07 201xl. Dash doesn't seem to be laid out too well for flush mounted bigger screens. If you figure out how to do it, post a picture.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jshelton2006 View Post
    Mine is on a ram mount also, 07 201xl. Dash doesn't seem to be laid out too well for flush mounted bigger screens. If you figure out how to do it, post a picture.
    I am working on it now. I should have it finished up hopefully this week or weekend. Will post pictures once its done. Its going to hold a Helix 10 on the console and I have a lowrance HDS 12 on a ram mount on the side.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chummer View Post
    Ram mount on my 201 pro to the right of console.
    did you mount on top of the rubber matting material on the side of the console? If so what length arm did you use on the mount? I am fixin to upgrade electronic also on my 08 201 and lookin at kong or ram mount but don't know what lenghth arm to get either 9" or 12". Also is there room under the console to put nuts and washers to secure the mount. Thanks.

my 294 console is same as yours. Mine is on the top of the console (the rubber area) and the 9" JUST gets it to the right spot. If i ever see a 12" decent price i'll swap cause closer is better!!

Plenty of room under to get to nuts/bolts. Getting back up from under the console though is always harder than getting under it..... never figured out how that works....
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

8. Member
    Thanks 76champ. One more thing... not really looking forward to drillin holes in my boat but what drill bit did you guys use and what is the best way to go about it? Sorry not tryin to change the subject just lookin for ideas. Any suggestions appreciated.

any good quality drill bit will work. reverse to get through the gel then forward through glass mat. good news is the rubber will easily hide future changes or mess ups (new rubber pad and its good as new).
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

10. Member

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    I am working on it now. I should have it finished up hopefully this week or weekend. Will post pictures once its done. Its going to hold a Helix 10 on the console and I have a lowrance HDS 12 on a ram mount on the side.
    Were you able to get this done?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jshelton2006 View Post
    Were you able to get this done?
    I am waiting on my balzout mount to finish the job. Almost done!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgswinger View Post
    did you mount on top of the rubber matting material on the side of the console? If so what length arm did you use on the mount? I am fixin to upgrade electronic also on my 08 201 and lookin at kong or ram mount but don't know what lenghth arm to get either 9" or 12". Also is there room under the console to put nuts and washers to secure the mount. Thanks.
    I mounted my helix 10 in exact location and went with the medium length ram arm. Sits there perfectly for me. And yes plenty of room for washers and nuts under there.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    I mounted my helix 10 in exact location and went with the medium length ram arm. Sits there perfectly for me. And yes plenty of room for washers and nuts under there.
    I am mounting a 6 in balzout mount there. I almost have it finished. Getting it straight is a pain! Lol